Options

CCENT tomorrow(Sunday Nov, 11)

TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
I have CCENT tomorrow 12.15pm . It looks like i am kind of ready. I did %90 on Odom`s test engine out of 152 questions. I took some other test here and there and non of them was below 87%. On top of that i did some extra study on my weak areas. So i would say, practice tests helped me alot.

Currently i am reviewing my subnetting. Doing some subnetting question. i have done 1-2 or wrong question out of 40-45questions. That was because rushed to answer. I timed myself, simple questions take 15-25 second. More complex subnetting questions take up to 2 minute.
i just reviewed Wan and security. I will go over my notes before go to sleep. And check my ****-sheet in the subway to the testing center.

Any other suggestion?
WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)

Comments

• Options
    cpartincpartin Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    At this point you either know it or you don't, and judging by your practice exam scores it sounds like you do. The Boson practice tests were harder than the actual exam, imo. Just try to take it easy tonight and don't psych yourself out. Good luck.
  • Options
    IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck , you started your studies more or less around the same time frame as me, I'll be taking mine in December, btw, I just started to take a practice test from Odom book, and some questions really caught me off guard, especially the ones where you have to make multiple choices in one question. Got stuck in an ARP process related question. Did this happen to you on your first try?
  • Options
    Ismaeljrp wrote: »
    Good luck , you started your studies more or less around the same time frame as me, I'll be taking mine in December, btw, I just started to take a practice test from Odom book, and some questions really caught me off guard, especially the ones where you have to make multiple choices in one question. Got stuck in an ARP process related question. Did this happen to you on your first try?

Yes, not because i didnt know the process. But because how they present the questions. It may look like confusing. But when you do couple of questions in every type of style, you will get used to it, then it will be a breeze. Also it helped me a lot that showing the chapter that question was covered, so i could go back to my weak areas and review it.

My actual exam date was last Sunday, but due to Super-storm Sandy here, i rescheduled it. I am glad, i did it. Cus i didnt take practice exam until the storm, and those questions helped me a lot.
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
  • Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Having just basically completing the study process, how much should you read the book from cover to cover before focusing on test questions since we have now concluded doing test questions is obligatory. I just picked up the Odom CCENT and already had the dummies ccent but i dont want to overkill it if I reach a ceiling with the books and am still missing the test questions.
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Happy testing!!
  • Options
    TurK-FX wrote: »
    Yes, not because i didnt know the process.

Ok, cool. That was pretty much exactly why I got a little stuck, the wording seemed confusing in a sense, and yeah like you I found it a really good tool for going back and reviewing certain details on different things. I would know how something worked, but the way the questions were presented as you said, made me think they were asking something else. Like when you're in school and you don't answer the teachers question, because you're not sure that's what the teacher wants to hear, so you start to doubt your knowledge. That's pretty much what happened to me. I'm going for December , Uni is getting more stressful , finals approaching.
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck, TurK-FX, on the CCENT exam! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    thnx guys. Woke up early. Not to study but end up doing some subnetting questions. I will review chapter 14 of Odom`s ICND1 book. Since out of my 15 incorrect answer in 152question practice exam, 5 of them was from that chapter. the rest were like 1 here 1 there. So i got the whole book sank except chapter 14. and i will do some more subnetting.
  • Options
    Good luck again Turk-FX, looks like you are definately well prepared.
  • Options
    Passed, score was kind of disappointing. but pass is a pass.
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TurK-FX - Congrats on the pass! You can always brush up on your weak areas while preparing for ICND2.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    Ivanjam wrote: »
    TurK-FX - Congrats on the pass! You can always brush up on your weak areas while preparing for ICND2.
    Thanx Ivan. I actually messed up cus i rushed. I see people commenting that they barely making it in the last minute. So i rushed little bit. Especially i spend 15 minute on one simulation question due to not seeing with simple command output. After that question i passed each question like a racing car. But i think my strongest part was simulation questions. That`s what saved me.
  • Options
    Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    Congrats on passing! And Im very jealous your testing center is open on Sundays!
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • Options
    Iceman25kIceman25k Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, and I second what Corndork said; no testing center within 100 miles of me is open on weekends. It's not an issue now since I'm on the job hunt, but I see it becoming a problem down the road.
    11/29/12: Begin CCNP ROUTE.
  • Options
    Iceman25k wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass, and I second what Corndork said; no testing center within 100 miles of me is open on weekends. It's not an issue now since I'm on the job hunt, but I see it becoming a problem down the road.

Thats the one perk that comes wit NYC :)
  • Options
    Congratulations ! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
  • Options
    2URGSE2URGSE Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, welcome to the club. Now it's time for the ICND 2!!! Buckle up!
    A+
    Network+
    CCENT (formally CCNA certified)
    ICE (Imprivata Certified Engineer)