Options

I'm confused of this two command

kambalpogikambalpogi Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Which of this two commands shows my active telnet connections?

Show sessions or show users?

What is the difference between the two commands?thanks!

I tried it on Packet tracer
Router(config)#do sh users
Line User Host(s) Idle Location
* 0 con 0 idle 00:00:00
67 vty 0 idle 00:00:06 192.168.30.100

Router#sh sessions
% No connections open

Comments

• Options
    TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
    show sessions shows the active connections that you are currently connected to.
    Show users shows you, if there is somebody else connected to that same router/switch.
    If there is more than one vty line"vty 0 15" means 16 available telnet configuration(or ssh depend on the configuration). So there might be 16 different user connected to same device simultaneously.
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
    Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)
  • Options
    mohamedshajidmohamedshajid Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah Turk you were right, It's depends on configuration how much you giving the Line vty 0 ? Function! and Session is a dialogue between two devices actually, Now you have to think Do Show users is the correct command,

Embedded From Here . Show Commands  [Support] - Cisco Systems

To display user information for yourself or one or more users on the Server Switch, enter the show user command in User Exec mode or Privileged Exec mode.
    [2013] CCNA Cert Exam @IBM Premier Campus in Sri Lanka
    + Reading Todd Lammle CCNA 7th Edition, CCENT Cert Dummies
    I'm totally afraid of heard strange word of cisco
    + Next Career - Red Hat Linux Networking And CCNA: Security (2013 Before June)