Options

Icnd1 passed!!!!

TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
after 14 weeks of studying, having 2 car accident, moving to new place, changing a job. Finally passed. I was almost ready about 2 months ago, but all the real life problems prevented me from taking the test.

I am one step closer to find my first IT job after a long break. I worked as computer tech between 2000-2005 in Turkey. And when i moved here to USA, i couldnt find any IT related jobs due to my insufficient English. Hopefully i will get back to field that i love soon.

I already planned my next step.
1. Finish TrainSignal ICND2 in 3-4 weeks.
2. Read Odom`s ICND2 book
3. Take the pearson exam engine that came with the book
4. Review weak areas and buy Boson ICND2 practice exam.
i am planning to be done with it within 2-3 months.

I am currently working in telecommunication cabling. Doing cabling in data centers, big networks, fiber cabling etc..
I like the job, but not paying good.

What positions i should look for in IT field with my certificates?

I recently graduated from community college with Computer Engineering Technician Associated degree.
I have Programing and Information Technology bachelor Degree from my Country(Turkey)
A+ Certification
and now CCENT.
WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)

Comments

• Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, Im studying for INCD1 right now, have a telecom background on Nortel Telecom systems. I think you are on the right track because that Data Center cabling stuff is good. You should put your resume on monster.com and dice.com and look for Jr Network Engineer or Network Support Technician jobs. Also check indeed.com and craigslist.org too. You may want to check out I.T. staffing agencies in your area, you will probably see some of them on indeed.com and try to get your resume over there. They can help you get in the door pretty quick. Just my opinion from experience.

TurK-FX wrote: »
    after 14 weeks of studying, having 2 car accident, moving to new place, changing a job. Finally passed. I
    was almost ready about 2 months ago, but all the real life problems prevented me from taking the test.

I am one step closer to find my first IT job after a long break. I worked as computer tech between 2000-2005 in Turkey. And when i moved here to USA, i couldnt find any IT related jobs due to my insufficient English. Hopefully i will get back to field that i love soon.

I already planned my next step.
    1. Finish TrainSignal ICND2 in 3-4 weeks.
    2. Read Odom`s ICND2 book
    3. Take the pearson exam engine that came with the book
    4. Review weak areas and buy Boson ICND2 practice exam.
    i am planning to be done with it within 2-3 months.

I am currently working in telecommunication cabling. Doing cabling in data centers, big networks, fiber cabling etc..
    I like the job, but not paying good.

What positions i should look for in IT field with my certificates?

I recently graduated from community college with Computer Engineering Technician Associated degree.
    I have Programing and Information Technology bachelor Degree from my Country(Turkey)
    A+ Certification
    and now CCENT.
  • Options
    txraider09txraider09 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    Congrats! Go tackle ICND2!
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU