Options

70-290 & 70-291 Sims are Going Down

RastamanRastaman Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_confused.gif
I have now taken the 70-290 twice with problems with the simulation questions, once on 7/7/05 at a Dayton OH Prometric testing center and again on 7/21/05 at a Cincinnati OH Prometric. On both occasions I experienced the same problem: the graphics for the simulation questions would not appear. At the second site the test administrator did get some technical assistance from Prometric support but was not able to resolve the issue.

Later I called Prometric Customer Care, explained the situation requesting a refund. My refund was processed. Also the Customer Care person did some research and stated that there is a known issue with Microsoft 70-290 and 70-291 simulation graphics not displaying. She checked for any recent fixes for this issue and could not find any.

I then called Pearson VUE. They stated they had not experienced any issues with the 70-290 or 70-291 and referred me to Microsoft (800) 636-7544 for confirmation. When talking with Microsoft they were reluctant, but did finally say that Pearson VUE is a smaller/newer company which most likely has newer and better servers. I am scheduling my next Test. I am praying the 3rd time will be a charm.
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'." - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Comments

• Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    There seems to be issues with the simulations on those two exams across the board.

I sat 290 earlier this year, and I had my software crash twice, although I did pass.

I sat 291 this morning, although it was completely error free.
  • Options
    RastamanRastaman Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What company did you take test through, Prometric or Pearson VUE?
    What city and state did you take the test?
    "Do, or do not. There is no 'try'." - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I took it with Pearson VUE

Cardiff, South Wales, UK
  • Options
    BaredorBaredor Member Posts: 99
    I've got 2 vouchers left to use on 290 and 291 with Prometric, and after that I will be testing with Vue exclusively. Prometric is absolutely terrible. Most unprofessional people you've ever seen - I had to stand and stare at a guy for 5 minutes while he carried on a cell phone conversation with his wife about what he was going to wear that night. Then he finally hung up and took me back to take my test.

I've also had problems with them not sending my results to Microsoft, so you have to call them, and I hope you have about 2 hours to sit on hold. Heck, you have to listen to the automated service voice for 15 minutes before it will allow you to "press 1 to wait on the line longer". Totally ridiculous.

So umm, yeah, you see my hate for the company, so I wouldn't be surprised if the problems is due to a lack of competence on their part. icon_lol.gif