Options

Cyber Defense Team - resume

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Hi all,

I'm going to join the Cyber Defense Team at Davenport University. So basically, I'll be able to get experience configuring Cisco devices. I was wondering if it would be alright to put that on my resume. I know some people think that class counts as experience but I don't really feel that it does because it's a class environment and it's sorta controlled.

I'm hoping that I could put some ASA stuff on my resume.

I'm asking because a group of pentesters will attack the network that we will build. From I heard, our team will be a mock business and we'll have to set up webservers, print servers, routers, switches, asa's, linux, and some physical security stuff. When a "manager" says that we need to set up a service, then we'll have to set it up.

The first meeting was with a pentester and it was kinda awesome because we just got to throw a ton of questions at him. One of the guys told a story where one of our teams had a "repair" guy come into the class with an Apple Iphone in his pocket video recording the room that had all the ip addresses on the whiteboard and stuff.

For the next meeting, the base commander at the local ANG base will come to talk to the group. So I'm kinda excited about that.

I really hope that I'll be able to put some of this stuff on my resume.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Definitely list it, but I would probably list it under organizations you belong to. Under skills, put what you learned in regards to device configuration. I guest lectured for two college courses and list them on my resume.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff