acronyms

djlombadjlomba Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
How important is it for me to know every acronym in the objectives. Does the test spell out the acronyms? Does it use acronyms not listed in the objectives?

Comments

• YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    IIRC you may be asked what certain acronyms stand for. That's pretty standard for CompTIA, and I've seen it on Cisco exams as well. So definitely put a little time in.
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    I'm hoping to see a question on RBAC, or MAC, personally.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    The test doesn't spell out the acronyms and many questions expect you to know what they mean so they are very important. I can't think of any that aren't in the objectives list though.
  • ortizalanmortizalanm Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Since someone brought up acronyms...Can someone give me an understandable definition (I'm from Texas, type slow) for EAP, PEAP and LEAP?
    I do appreicate it.
  • KronesKrones Member Posts: 164
    Extensible Authentication Protocol is a set of interface standards which allow for various authentication methods (i.e., smart cards, biometrics, certificates). The client and server negotiate the characteristics of authentication.

Light-weight Extensible Authentication Protocol is a Cisco proprietary technology and requires a Cisco RADIUS server and Cisco software or drivers on the client side. It is based off of Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol and is no longer considered secure.

Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol provides authenticaiton in an SSL/TLS tunnel with a single certificate on the server. PEAP is more secure an allows for mutual authentication, where the server must prove its identity with the client.
    WGU - Security
    Current: Start date Sept 1. Remaining:
    CUV1, BOV1, CJV1, CVV1, KET1, KFT1, DFV1, TPV1, BNC1, RIT1, DHV1, CSV1, COV1, CQV1, CNV1, SBT1, RGT1 Completed:
    AXV1, CPV1, CTV1 Transferred: AGC1, BBC1, LAE1, QBT1, LUT1, GAC1/HHT1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, BVC1, CLC1, WFV1, DJV1