Options

Need some Tips - Looking to sit CCENT (ICDN1) in the next couple of weeks

StussyNzStussyNz Member Posts: 177
Hello members,

I had a bit of a predicament today when I went to schedule my exam for the middle of december, only to realise that I had to schedule before the 28th of November for my voucher to still take effect :\ I though that it was the expiry date to actually schedule the exam not sit it!

So that means that I really need to get up on my material in the next week or so :\ Could any of you reccomend any tips?

Also, for you members that have just sit and passed the exam, where could I find good practice tests and other material which I could use to practice for the certification exam?

Currently I am reviewing the Tod Lamme Book (CCNA) book and the Odom (CCENT, ICDN1) book. What material did you fellow members use?

Any other tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Do you know how to subnet?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Todd Lammle was all I needed. If you have a good grasp on everything in his book and can subnet quickly you will do just fine.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Can't you reschedule the exam after you have already used the voucher? Just an idea
  • Options
    Reck_Reck_ Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

got a great book there.
    just review the QnA portion of each books chapter and do the labs as well for command retention.

Good luck.
  • Options
    FloOz wrote: »
    Can't you reschedule the exam after you have already used the voucher? Just an idea

That's an amazing Idea... It slipped my mind. Defo will look into this!
  • Options
    I plan on practicing my Subnetting Over and Over and Over! Anyone recommend any good websites/Tools I could use to assist with the practice?

Threat is manly to just get information from other users who have just recently sat the exam to assist with the study material/tools they used to assist with them passing.

Where can I find some good practice tests for the ICDN1 exam?
  • Options
    FloOz wrote: »

Just a quick question; How many times can you reschedule exams? Say i book and then rescedule, could I then rescedule again?
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have no experience rescheduling my exams, its was just a thought I had that seems possible.
  • Options
    JasonITJasonIT Member Posts: 114
    I have a friend that rescheduled twice due to sickness, so its possible.

For practice tests, I used IT Certification Practice Tests and Exams | Online Courses | MeasureUp. I also think you need subnetting down cold. My hardest topic to grasp was the WAN section for some reason.

Good Luck

Jason
  • Options
    IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    search for : Subnetting is fun quiz, and subnettingquestions.com
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    StussyNz wrote: »
    I plan on practicing my Subnetting Over and Over and Over! Anyone recommend any good websites/Tools I could use to assist with the practice?

Threat is manly to just get information from other users who have just recently sat the exam to assist with the study material/tools they used to assist with them passing.

Where can I find some good practice tests for the ICDN1 exam?

Just a quick question; How many times can you reschedule exams? Say i book and then rescedule, could I then rescedule again?

Here for Subnetting Links:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/74695-subnetting-ipv4-address.html

Here for some helpful Exam Tips/Studying:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/81293-how-study-ccent-ccna-tutorial.html
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams