Options

Commands Switches Memorizing them, Necessary?

jdog29jdog29 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
Let Me ask you all a question? Is it really imperative that one learns and memorizes all the commands and switches that goes along with installing and set up of upd text files, not only for the 70-270 test, but also for the field. I think that I will just learn the few that are used and just refer back to technotes or something if it is needed in the future.

Most everything on the 70-270 test looks doable except all that stuff (commands, code...) at the beginning of the technotes on installation of XP. I hope this makes sense. Thanks, for your feedback.

JDog29

Comments

• Options
    jbollynjbollyn Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For the purpose of the 70-270 exam, you should be able to recognize the correct command syntax (with switches), given a scenario described in paragraph form. The exam will often describe a problem, and you need to chose which of four (multiple choice) commands will solve the problem.
  • Options
    walid97walid97 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I dont think we should know all the switches. The most important ones should be enough.

Cheers !!!
  • Options
    12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    I am making flashcards with all the switches. Knowing the right ones will be most important, but also important is knowing when they put the "wrong" ones in a question to throw you off!

my two cents.
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.
  • Options
    spudnikspudnik Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    can't talk for everyone but I never had any Q's with switches involved on the exam, lucky for me because i never paid that much attention to them, if i ever need to use them i look them up.

but saying that it would be just your luck that if you didn't learn them they would appear on the exam (sod's law) icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    I had about 7 questions on my exam dealing with switches. Most of them were the switches uses with sysprep.