Options

CCNA Course (CCNA in 60 days)

Goodmans1208Goodmans1208 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Im just wondering if looking online and doing courses online such as "CCNA in 60 days" are worth doing? Or is it better to just do CCNA in your own time and book the exam yourself when you feel ready?

How did you pass CCNA?
Do most people on this site do courses online?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    in my opinion its better to take your time with it and really absorb what you learn and have fun with it instead of rushing or doing programs that claim to cram the info on you within a time frame. I could understand the CCNA in 60 days for someone whose had CCNA before and needs to re-take the test but for anyone else who is new to Cisco networking I say take it slow.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How did I pass CCNA? Self-Studied
    Do most people on this site do courses online? Most self-study. Not everyone does, but it's the common theme.

Goodmans1208, you need to ask yourself one question: "What is my networking background?". If you work in the field, and know the basic concepts already... sure. 60 days may be enough.

If you know nothing. Zip. I would advise against the 60 days. See my signature, sir.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Thanks for the replies.

I belive it will be best to go at my own pace like you said most people on here do, i do know a little about networking but no where near enough as i should know to pass my CCNA in 60 days. I was just wondering what the best way to go was by passing my CCNA and i will take your guys advice and do it in my own time.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Your best may not be jsb515's best way. Some people can read and learn just by reading. Others, like me, we need to be typing and being a monkey to pound the concepts in. It's a crapshoot if you don't know how you learn. It'll take trial and error. But if you didn't read my signature link, you should - it should get you to a good start as the ways to start to study.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    I've been studying just for my ICDN 1 for most of the year! and doing labs like crazy, watching videos, reading, ect.. because of work, my wife, and children take up most of my time, so a lot of it depends on situations also.
  • Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took the cisco back in 2007 and there is no way I would sign up for a 60 day class. I would only do this if I just completed CCNA course.

Finding a Great instructor is the key to succedding through this course. I had a dried PHd instructor teaching the course.

Thank Goodness for YOutube, and a few cbtnugget clips. Would have never made it this far without the help.
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • Options
    Roque, I did look at the link and got some advice from it, thank you.

Ok iv decided to bypass the 60 day course, as I feel it wouldn't benefit me as much as doing it alone.