Options

70-640 passed!!

After failing this exam by one question in mid-August, I scheduled the test in mid-October hoping to push myself. Instead I had a bunch of work and life popup and ended up cramming the few days before. Barely passed with a 700. Glad to have the certification and be able to move on but worried about not having a solid foundation for future material.

With that said, is it the consensus of the forum that it is better to read the prep book and then watch/listen to CBT Nuggets or the other way around.

icon_cheers.gifThanks!icon_cheers.gif
Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
WGU MSISA
Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2

Comments

• Options
    discount81discount81 Member Posts: 213
    Congrats, I found this to be the most difficult of the Server 2008 exams

It should be smooth sailing now :)
    http://www.darvilleit.com - a blog I write about IT and technology.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Congrats! I just scheduled this for late December...I need to get on the ball and start studying icon_study.gif
  • Options
    X10MMXX10MMX Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.. got my final MCITP:EA exam in 11 days!
  • Options
    SaundieSaundie Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good effort, tprice5! Having failed the 70-640 exam twice, I know just how difficult it is. Now that you have it under your belt, I imagine you'll find the other exams less taxing.
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    This is good news. Everyone I speak with agrees the 640 is the most demanding of the EA journey. Hope this is the case. Good luck to all of you sitting exams soon!
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Personally, I watch the CBT Nuggets before I start the task. That way when I see material in the book, I already have a pretty good understanding of it and it makes more sense.
    Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+