Options

What is a good A+ Core Hardware Score?

scot_doneckerscot_donecker Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
I took the A+ core Hardware exam which had alot of good questions, but some were very wierd. I won't mention them but on more than a few questions I seriously could have gone fifty-fifty. But hey, I guess thats life.

I recieved a 642 out of 900, and I feel really bad because I felt that I knew every single question on my exam by heart. I only needed to mark five questions to go back to (although I fealt more than 75 percent sure that they were right), and two of those I remembered after the test when I came home, so i looked them up and I had them right. Is it possible to get a 642 by only missing 3 questions? Its times like this that I wish I could see the marked test. But I feel so dissapointed because I feel I know it far better than my score reflects. I am seriously contemplating retaking the exam, just to get a higher score; the score that I busted my butt off to achieve (that means takeing IT Essentials 1 and passing with an A+, busting my butt off for 3 months reviewing 2003 as well as 2002 objective material, takeing 3-100 question practice exams, taking end of chapter quizes from THREE diferent books, each with at least 6 hardware related chapters...I feel robbed).

1. Does anyone feel the same way I do about the exam? (That their vast knowledge is cheated and degraded by guessing games and not very well thought out questions).
2. What do you feel is a good score on the exam?
3. Finally, does the score even matter to employers or is it just the fact of having the cert that matters? If it does matter, then will someone with a higher score get the better job?

Thanks, for any and all reply's, even mean ones :)...I don't care.
"If the answer was never to look to yourself, then how can you expect to find it anywhere else" -Eyedea

Comments

• Options
    jd_mattosjd_mattos Member Posts: 134
    Let it go man, a pass is a pass. Don't beat yourself up, everyone gets a bad score from time to time. It is not always that you don't know the subject matter, maybe you just didn't give the answer that CompTIA wanted.
    No big deal, you PASSED!
    Employers wont even see your score, just your cert. No Worries!
    Congrats! When do you sit the OS?
  • Options
    Thanks jd_mattos, it just sucks to study so long and so hard, and feel like you aced it, only to get like a 71% (642/900), ya know. I take OS Technologies Monday, July 25.
    "If the answer was never to look to yourself, then how can you expect to find it anywhere else" -Eyedea
  • Options
    silence782silence782 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I take my A+ OS on the 26th...
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    2. What do you feel is a good score on the exam?

Anything above the the Fail mark of 505/515.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    CertGirlinCyberSpaceCertGirlinCyberSpace Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A pass is a good score anyother worry you have is needless. icon_twisted.gificon_confused.gif: icon_eek.gif
    But...Did the machine say Pass???
  • Options
    scot_donecker
    How did you do on the OS?
  • Options
    I passed the O.S. Technologies with a 619! Now I'm certified.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats, scot_donecker!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Congrats!
    You are now an A+ Certified Professional!
  • Options
    heck yea! :D thanks
  • Options
    teenu0427teenu0427 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeh i pass the A+ core part going to take the A+ OS part this friday. i got 760 on my core hardware in scale of 900. still i think pretty ok. not great but its ok. if i get any other free vouher i go and take another time also but pass is pass. thats wat i think.

egal