Options

Quick Questoin Very Easy..Need clarification. thanks

goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
If you are given a diagram with 1 Router connected to a switch and 50 host all connected to the swicth.

HOw many IP address is this in total are needed?

*50 host Plus Interface IP
I count 51 IP Addresses in Total

IS this correct?
The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs

Comments

• Options
    dead_p00ldead_p00l Member Posts: 136
    It would depend entirely on the design or configuration. I would say minimum of 52 potentially more.
    This is our world now... the world of the electron and the switch, the
    beauty of the baud.
  • Options
    DiggsDiggs Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Would say 1 for each host and 1 for the router interface - 1 for the switch if it's managed / you intent to manage it.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yes. Router's interface will need a IP address. All hosts will need an IP address.

You may also need another IP address for the switch, so you can SSH (Secure Shell) into it for administration purposes.
    You may need more IP addresses, for "Router on a stick" - 2+ addresses for the router.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm gonna go with my gut and count the interface as an IP Address. If I was configuring this in Packet tracer or reallife, I would definately need an ip address on the router interface otherwise MY 50 host would not have internet.

I know the First and Last IP address are researved. IM not gonna count these...

figured out in my head.. Problem solved
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs