Anyone have a Nexus 4?

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
We are due to come off contract in January, and am looking at going the prepaid route to save some $$. Of the phones I have looked at, the Nexus 4 seems pretty good. I am just wondering if anyone here has one and what their impressions are of the phone.

Comments

• EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    From some of the reviews and comparisons I've seen if you are going to sign a 2 year contact(i don't know if "looking at prepaid route" means just the phone or a prepaid minute plan) the Samsung Galaxy S3 is a better option. The nexus 4 isn't a bad option, the GS3 has a few more options/features. Plus its always on sale so you can save even more money. I just upgraded from an iPhone 3GS to the GS3 and I'm loving it. The week i bought my phone best buy had a sale on it so it was only $100 instead of $200.

The biggest 2 things against the nexus 4 is no LTE, and no SD card Slot but, the nexus 4 comes straight from Google so you'll get Android updates directly from them instead of waiting for the carrier to push them out. Right now I have the GS3 on AT&T and its at 4.0 and we're not expected to get 4.1 until Decemeber/January.... 4.2 is already out.
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The S3 is nice, but looking to get away from contract. We figured we can save 30-40 bucks a month by going prepaid. Im not a huge user of data on the phone, so not having LTE is really not a concern for me.
  • ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
    I have the Galaxy Nexus with JellyBean. I also have LTE and I think you can get them around $100. This would be a good option for you if you have Verizon.
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    when my contract is up im thinking about going to a nonsmart phone and having a tablet with data (or not depending on were im working)

before going prepaid you may what to think about how much you travel alot of the prepaid networks dont have good coverage outside of major cities
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I am going prepaid after my contract. I don't travel much at all and the savings is hard to ignore. I will be looking at the Nexus 4 probably.