Options

CCNA:Wireless Labs?

RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
Anyone know if Cisco Press created a Wireless Lab Manual?
I'm trying to get a tally of what I need to lab the Wireless
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

Comments

• Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Security, wireless, voice, now Linux! You'll be all-knowing soon...

/hijack
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    I don't believe so, the Wireless track doesn't even have any official NP books. Other then the quick reference guides.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    YFZblu wrote: »
    Security, wireless, voice, now Linux! You'll be all-knowing soon...

/hijack

I spend too much time on everything, not enough time on one thing. It's essentially the product of wanting to get the hello out of my position and do it desperately :P

When people say about studying for 2 certifications at the same time, I'm doing 5-ish. I've put NP, Voice, Security, Wireless on hold until I can get hardware to do it. I'm trying to know what I need to invest in to I'm actually interested in how everything works in the network. How everything plays together. Like Security for VoIP over Wireless (Lulz: WEP), running over the main network. I'd like to see how an actual large network works.

As far as Linux, it's always been something I wanted to get my nerdy hands on since Red Hat in High School. Just never really had to desire to learn it. Girls and all that Jazz. I did get into Linux at times, download the latest greatest distro, try it out. Find out that I can't really do much of anything - Yes, even with WINE back then. Go back to Windows. I do find Networking jobs that are looking for Linux experience... I figure it can only help and it'll keep doors closed if I don't... and it's actually a pretty good desktop OS now. I only hopped back onto W7 because of a Work Ticket and OneNote :)
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams