Options

STP - Spanning Tree Protocol in ICDN1?

StussyNzStussyNz Member Posts: 177
Just to clarify; STP is not covered in ICDN1 (CCENT) correct? I've been over the Cisco outline for the ICDN1 exam and STP Is no bullet pointed anywhere. Just would really like to clarify that it's not covered.

Want to be able to focus my studies on other areas :)

Comments

• Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    From what I've been told there are no Spanning Tree questions on ICND1 but you should still know what it is and what problems they set out to solve.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If it's not a bullet, don't worry about it.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ^ This. I feel crazy lately telling people to review the objectives, but that's really all it takes.
  • Options
    YFZblu wrote: »
    ^ This. I feel crazy lately telling people to review the objectives, but that's really all it takes.

Just wanted reassurance! It does state on the Cisco site under the blueprint for the course outline that the outline may change and not be updated on the displayed Blueprint on their site.
  • Options
    FuturaFutura Member Posts: 191
    Spanning tree is fun, learn it anyway. Surely you are doing a Cisco Qualification because you like Cisco and want a job in Cisco maybe. So learn spanning tree. It may not be a bullet point but to get an understanding it certainly worth it. It will help you out in the ways of networking.

It helped me understand other things, subliminal learning.
  • Options
    lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    That will be covered in the ICND2 test if you decide to take it.
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD
  • Options
    lantech wrote: »
    That will be covered in the ICND2 test if you decide to take it.
    Want to be a babe and calrify if ACL's are covered on the ICDN1 exam too? :D
  • Options
    oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    StussyNz wrote: »
    Want to be a babe and calrify if ACL's are covered on the ICDN1 exam too? :D
    Google it... 640-822 ICND1 - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

So no.
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    oli356 wrote: »

Dude, if STP is not on ICND1 and STP is about switches and ACLs are not in ICND1 and ACLs can be considered Security, I wonder what is on ICND1 if anything much at all besides subnetting and OSI. I mean, static routes and basic CLI is easy too. What else is left, not much?? ICND1 should be easy pickens but with added Cisco credibility. Am I right people, there isnt anything in ICND1 if not even ACLs are on it and STP...and then FR and PPP and all the WAN stuff is on ICND2 sooo...
  • Options
    StussyNz wrote: »
    Just wanted reassurance! It does state on the Cisco site under the blueprint for the course outline that the outline may change and not be updated on the displayed Blueprint on their site.

Trust me when I say Cisco does want qualified candidates to pass their tests - Cisco most likely will not do that to you. If there is a documented case of it, I'd like to see that.
  • Options
    Illumanati wrote: »
    Dude, if STP is not on ICND1 and STP is about switches and ACLs are not in ICND1 and ACLs can be considered Security, I wonder what is on ICND1 if anything much at all besides subnetting and OSI. I mean, static routes and basic CLI is easy too. What else is left, not much?? ICND1 should be easy pickens but with added Cisco credibility. Am I right people, there isnt anything in ICND1 if not even ACLs are on it and STP...and then FR and PPP and all the WAN stuff is on ICND2 sooo...

Router logic, switch logic, basic configs, static routing, PPP, HDLC, wireless, cabling, IP addressing, subnetting, IPv6 basics, VPN basics, is all on ICND1.
  • Options
    oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    Illumanati wrote: »
    STP and ACL isn't entry level networking...
    CCENT is all about the basics and fundamentals of networking, mainly for small networks. VLANS, STP, ACL, OSPF, EIGRP etc are part of ICND2 because that's for more enterprise networks.

Find me someone who has had STP in ICND1....
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • Options
    TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
    ICND1 books are just mentioning about it. But also say that it is not covered in the exam.
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
    Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)