Options

help me use OneNote

Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
I know OneNote can be a useful tool, I'm just not sure how yet.... is there a clear benefit to using this opposed to NotePad or Word?
Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark

Comments

• Options
    ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You should check out some of the videos on you tube.

I just started using OneNote at the beginning of October when I started WGU. So far, it's been great.
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    We use it for all of our project planning, since more than one person can be in it at the same time and your notes are annotated so you know who typed what.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Another great thing is that it floats between devices very smooth. I use it on my work and home PCs, iPad, and MBA with zero issues.
  • Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes if you use it with skydrive it is awesome, PC, iPad, and Android on the fly anywhere with an internet connection it will sync back up
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Onenote is great for compiling meeting minutes.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    I know OneNote can be a useful tool, I'm just not sure how yet.... is there a clear benefit to using this opposed to NotePad or Word?

WINDOWS Key + S for screen capture, I like that you can drag and capture an area of screen not just the whole window. I think this is the only thing I use one notes for :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    WiseWunWiseWun Member Posts: 285
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    WINDOWS Key + S for screen capture, I like that you can drag and capture an area of screen not just the whole window. I think this is the only thing I use one notes for :)

Snipping Tool in Windows 7/8 does the same.
    "If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” - Ken Robinson
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    WiseWun wrote: »

Snipping Tool is something I love
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    WiseWunWiseWun Member Posts: 285

+1. I have it pinned on the taskbar, love the highlighter feature.
    "If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” - Ken Robinson
  • Options
    WiseWun wrote: »

ctrl-alt-s short cut for snipping tool, and I now no longer use one notes at all :) cheers
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    OneNote was my to-go application for notes. It's pretty slick.

Wine 1.4 doesn't like it, though icon_sad.gif
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Chard26Chard26 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Chard26 wrote: »

not a huge fan of evernotes, used it for a while but found it annoying after a while. just not polished enough for me.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□

Then you'll love ScreenHunter Free ... Pretty much a Snipping Tool replacemen which works on keyboard shortcuts and saves the "snipped" area automaically on HDD and clipboard.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I use snag it or pic pic. I like being able to set it to capture different regions and snap multiple images within a set amount of time. I do a lot of technicial documentation with in the role I am now and without those applications I would be hurting.

In a pinch I will use Windows utility.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    OneNote was my to-go application for notes. It's pretty slick.

Wine 1.4 doesn't like it, though icon_sad.gif
    So use the Office web app available for free with a Windows Live ID.
  • Options
    inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am going to check this out too, I need to learn oneNote.

Ctrl+alt+S is not working,, how to do it?