Options

Updates Galore

djfunzdjfunz Member Posts: 307
Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've really posted here and done any kind of perusing. I thought I would take some time and update anyone interested in reading. I have been completely enveloped in studies and working, allowing the spare time I do have to be allocated to my girlfriend and sports.

Those that remember, will recall that I was on the job hunt after landing back in the states from a long stint in Europe. I decided to enroll in WGU after I deemed almost immediately that without a degree in the Bay Area, one is severely hindered with regards to acquiring full-time employment. I started studying in June and have completed 21CUs and transferred 15, so I consider 36CUs after a six month term to be acceptable all things considering. I am finishing the first term with a successful pass of my Security + exam.

Additionally, I was able to sell myself after only two interviews and acquired a contract position with an amazing company for one year. Six months into that contract has allowed me to gain a much better understanding of SaaS, DNS, and using APIs. It has truly been a crazy ride up to this point and I wouldn't trade the experience so far for anything.

So there it is. A short and sweet update of what has transpired in the last six months. Hopefully, after another six months, I will have a full-time position doing some type of Admin or NOC work. My focus at WGU will be all things Server related. Active Directory here I come. :)
WGU Progress - B.S. IT - Completed

Comments