Options

Pricing for Surface Pro Announced

13»

Comments

• Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    When I tried Windows 8 on my Dell Laptop I had a lot of problems getting the hot spots to work properly. It felt like I had to really move it around to get it to recognize my mouse was over the right spot. I am assuming since it was a laptop it might have been a driver issue, or it might have been a user issue lol
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    The design and concept is genius
    but... For what Ive read online its behind in browsing, speed, battery life vs other recent devices
    so... paying 1k for it is kind of =\
    meh
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I have not heard any complaints on speeds, browsing, etc from the demos that were done. The battery life is a non-issue for me. 4-5 hours is better than my current laptop and if I'd sitting anywhere using it for that long, I'm probably plugging it in anyways. The only thing I could see being a pain is the storage space since the OS is going to eat up a bit of the HD. I'll probably buy the 128GB version, stick a 64GB SD card in there and grab a USB 3.0 external bus powered HD for large downloads. One thing I'm excited about is Visio 2013 on it. I was happy and fine with the old copy of Visio 2007 that I've been running on all my devices but I've read some favorable reviews about Visio 2013 being optimized specifically for touch screens so that's going to make my life a bit easier. I am a documentation fiend and constantly drawing and updating at work so that'll make life easier
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    WiseWunWiseWun Member Posts: 285
    I have been eyeing the Surface Pro since it's announcement but lately the cost doesn't sit well with me. I think the stylus pen is very cool, imagine hooking it up to a big screen TV or projector, eliminating the need for a whiteboard.
    "If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” - Ken Robinson
  • Options
    Netbooks and now tablets really messed up consumer's idea of what is a "good" price for consumer electronics. Now I am not saying the Surface Pro is a "bad" buy or even a "good" buy but netbooks made with cheap components and labor that is paid almost nothing has driven price points that are next to impossible for beefier laptops to compete unless you create an image of desirability.

I got my Macbook on sale and am very happy with it and will keep it for several years. My next one whether it is Windows or Mac I am not going to look "just" at the price and work from there I will look at the build itself and work from there.

My only hesitation with Surface Pro is it's a first gen product and who knows what the third party hardware vendors will do if Microsoft decides to make a major change in Surface based on consumer feedback. They might just pretend your machine doesn't exist anymore and focus on the latest version.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    My only hesitation with Surface Pro is it's a first gen product and who knows what the third party hardware vendors will do if Microsoft decides to make a major change in Surface based on consumer feedback. They might just pretend your machine doesn't exist anymore and focus on the latest version.

What?! Microsoft would never do that! I mean seriously (SMH as I think of Silverlight).
  • Options
    What?! Microsoft would never do that! I mean seriously (SMH as I think of Silverlight).

Windows 7 Phone was the first thing I thought of lol
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Figured I'd post this if someone wants to check out the Surface Pro in person before the release date:
    Surface Pro lands at Microsoft Store | Microsoft - CNET News
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    WiseWunWiseWun Member Posts: 285
    Just applied for sweepstakes giving out Surface Pro. I hope to be the winner, LOL!
    "If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” - Ken Robinson