Options

Does the Exam Cram 2 N10-003 work?

RZetlinRZetlin Inactive Imported Users Posts: 155
I'm studying for the Network+ exam using the Exam Cram 2 and Network+ Exam N10-003 from Syngress.

I'm going over the exam question from the Exam Cram 2 CD and there are some questions that not reflected in the book that I have.

E.g. Questions about the Key Chain access in Mac X OS.

Does the questions in the Exam Cram 2 reflect the questions on the Network+ exam?

Or is my book lacking in information?

Comments

• Options
    xjxxjx Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    RZetlin wrote:
    I'm studying for the Network+ exam using the Exam Cram 2 and Network+ Exam N10-003 from Syngress.

Or is my book lacking in information?

I am using the book now, even I am new to hardware stuff, I still found some mistakes in that book. but that does not mean it is a bad book.

I do not know if it is good for the exam, I am taking the exam in 2 weeks, i will let you know by then.

Jun
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    The Exam Cram books are just that...Cram guides. They should be used solely as resource for any exam. You need to pick up another book to study the core knowledge. Use the cram to reinforce what you have learned, as you are getting closer to your exam date.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    flytedflyted Inactive Imported Users Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My Exam Cram 2 Network+ is 800 pages. That doesn't seem like much of a cram book to me.
  • Options
    RZetlinRZetlin Inactive Imported Users Posts: 155
    flyted wrote:
    My Exam Cram 2 Network+ is 800 pages. That doesn't seem like much of a cram book to me.

You got the full book. (N10-002?)

I was referring to the Exam Cram 2 Pratice Questions book (N10-003).
  • Options
    I got the Exam Prep 2 Network+ (N10-003). The practice questions only is about 200 pages and has like zero study material. My prep book seems pretty detailed.
  • Options
    Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    I never use Exam Cram books. THey just seem to lack in important information.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • Options
    BaredorBaredor Member Posts: 99
    For Net+, Mike Myers book and the technotes should be all you need. I tried the ExamCram thing and wouldn't use it again unless I really already knew all the info and just needed a refresher. Too much stuff left out.
  • Options
    I used Sybex for A+ and wanted to hang myself it was so dry. I also used the 80/20 study guide and found that a little better. This is my first time with Exam Cram. I also use the technotes once they get upgraded for 2005 and other practice sites. I like what I've seen of the book so far. Everyone has a different opinion on these study guides. Some love Sybex, I'd never buy another one.
  • Options
    Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    I like sybex books. They are very in-depth and thorough. You never can convict Sybex of not including exam information in there book, they are very lengthy. Which in-turn makes the book a little wordy and dry sometimes sleeping.gif . But if you can make it through that issue, then the material is definetly there to pass the exam.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • Options
    BaredorBaredor Member Posts: 99
    Agreed. Sybex is now a part of my regular routine.