VCP-IaaS

dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
Rested enough after my attempt at VCAP5-DCA. Now it's on to VCP5-IaaS. Need to learn vCloud Director for work anyway, so might as well get certified.

Ordered the VMware vCloud Director Essentials from TrainSignal. Started watching vCloud Director Fundamentals from VMware, spend a month or so reading pdfs, then take the exam early next year. I'm taking the exam next year because my educational reimbursement fund is out of money for this year. icon_sad.gif
2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
"Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman

Comments

• pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    Best of luck on the VCP-IaaS, I am sure you will clear it :) Do you have any suggestion for recommended reading material? haven't found much on this one
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    pumbaa_g wrote: »
    Best of luck on the VCP-IaaS, I am sure you will clear it :) Do you have any suggestion for recommended reading material? haven't found much on this one

Much like DT, you'll have to study off the VMware pdfs.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Based on the experience of a colleague of mine setting up vCloud director is a must to tackle this one but once you have done this (using the blueprint) you should be good to go.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hmmm..... don't think this is gonna take me over a month to prep. Need to figure out how to get more money out of my employer.