ip address my network card - 192.168.178.31 255.255.255.0
microsoft loopback adapter - dhcp
router interface connected to the cloud - 192.168.178.15 255.255.255.0

In this case i cant ping from pc to router and from router to pc
ip address my network card - 192.168.178.31 255.255.255.0
microsoft loopback adapter - 192.168.178.15 255.255.255.0
router interface connected to the cloud - 192.168.178.15 255.255.255.0

in this case i can ping from pc to router but can not from router to pc

any help how to configure this to work normaly,loopadapter to be set on dhcp and I only to configure interface of the router.
Firewall are OFF.

Comments

• Options
    altdrugzaltdrugz Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MS loopback IP is the same with the router's interface. How can you actually ping from your pc since I (guess) its like pinging your localhost. Something else, you say MS loopback "dhcp" what do you mean? That you want your MS loopback ip be given from a dhcp server?

What I was doing and (dont know why) didnt work was to have my router connected to the cloud and used the dhcp client-id. Then my router assigned a right ip from my gateway (modem) but I couldnt be able to ping my pc from the router and couldnt even use tftp etc. I think that for being able to do so you must command prompt and do the route add default gw for your "internal" network (serial's ip address) so when you are pinging from your host it will use router's serial int and NOT your default gateway. I didnt fix it like that and what i did was to manually assign ips in MS loop etc etc.
  • Options
    inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    maybe this will clear it up for you.

I think that this is what your asking, not quite sure if I am spot on.

GNS3 - How to connect GNS3 to a real router or switch and to the internet - YouTube
  • Options
    dwadwa Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No,MS is other network card (Virtual).

with DHCP i mean in network card options ... in windows.How much I remember just need to setup ip address on the interface and thats all.
  • Options
    dwadwa Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am doing this,just without the switch.Still cant ping from router to pc
  • Options
    ThyremeThyreme Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Has anyone solved the problem with the loopback adapter.

I have a problem myself pinging from and to router in GNS3 to physical router or computer through MS Loopback cloud even though they're in the same subnet.

Router in GNS3: 192.168.1.171 /24
    Physical Router (Gateway): 192.168.1.1 /24

MS Loopback has been bridged with the real interface so they share the same network, it's just pinging doesn't work from either way.
    Anyone has any idea? Thanks in advance,