Options

Microsoft Exam 98-366

gatorfangatorfan Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone know how Measuerup exams relate to microsoft exams? I plan on taking 98-366 soon and I was given a free key to measureup practice exams for 98-366 (Networking Fundamentals). I've heard it relates well to CompTia but can the same be said for Microsoft exams?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    j23evanj23evan Member Posts: 135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've used measure up for quite a few Microsoft exams, and its certainly better for the CompTIA and 98 Series Microsoft exams, but if you use it for anything higher than foundation level exams you will find that you are focusing in completely the wrong direction because of it. (After reading the DMoC and using measure up extensively, I still failed the 70-640 3 times.) I got so mad after that I spend roughly $200 on study guide books on amazon for it.
    https://vWrong.com - Microsoft Certified Trainer 2013-2018 - VMware vExpert 2014-2018 - Cisco Champion 2018 - http://linkedin.com/in/j23evan/
  • Options
    Thank you for the reply, so if I pass certification mode for 98-366 with a 100% like they say, I should be able to pass it? I'm fairly confident I can pass it if the test is anything like measureup.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Generally speaking, the MeasureUps should not be used as the yardstick to measure your preparation. I mean they are okay for practice purposes, to determine your weaker areas but do not rely on them to gauge your prep. I'd read up TechNet and whitepapers to beef up your understanding of the topics.

Another thing you need to keep in mind is everyone's exam is different, drawn from a huge pool of questions. If person A gets an easier set, they'll tell you that MeasureUps are great. If you got a harder set, you'd be cursing it. I used MeasureUps for my Exchange 2003 exam preparation many moons ago, and the real exam was much harder. But, YMMV.

Use multiple resources to prepare for your exams.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Oh I'm definitely using other things to prep, I have the official Microsoft Guide/Book for the 98-366 test and I also have Exam Cram for N10-004 that I've been using. The main reason I've been asking about this is simply because I got the free key through school to use it and I was just wondering how close it would be to the actual test. I've also been watching tons of videos online (professor messer, CBT nuggets, etc etc) to study for it. I feel like I'm ready and I've now found out I can take the test for free through school, I just want to make sure I'm completely ready before I take the test.

One more question, how does 98-366 translate to CompTia Net+? I've heard that its similar but I also heard that Net+ is more highly regarded, does that mean Net+ is harder?
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You may have heard that because more people have heard of the N+. Personally, I have never read anyone on here taking the 366 exam. I reckon most HR folks would have no clue either (most of them are pretty clueless about most things anyway icon_wink.gif ). But if your school/work pays for the 366 exam, then why not. Especially when your starting out in IT, a cert is better than no cert. If you were paying for exams, you should do the N+, more bang for your buck than the MTA (the cert you get after passing the 366).
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Next up is definitely Net+, I also get a discount for that of about 50-60% off and I plan on taking that within the next month or so. I mainly want the MTA because its free, it is a step towards higher Microsoft certs, and I feel like it may get me a foot into the door somewhere, even if its just an internship for right now, I'm ok with that. Experience is what I'm after and in this economy, nobody wants to even bring you in to internship if they don't see some sort of return for them. Being able to put any cert on my resume should give me a small advantage.
  • Options
    paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    The 366 is basically a 35 question version of N+ just study for Net+ and you'll be able to pass. Technically it makes you an MCP when you pass to.

Ultimatly to answer your question, yes it translates well into the the MTA exam.
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice I passed!! Only got an 82 which I was kinda disappointed about but passing is passing right?

I guess I can go ahead and answer my own question for anyone who might see it and need the same information. MeasureUp is good prep for this test but the way the questions are answered are kind of different. So make sure you learn the concepts as much as possible but if you pass MeasureUp every time (without just memorizing the answers), you should pass. Onto Windows 7 config and Net+. :)
  • Options
    Sabin&amp;12Sabin&amp;12 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    gatorfan wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the advice I passed!! Only got an 82 which I was kinda disappointed about but passing is passing right?

I guess I can go ahead and answer my own question for anyone who might see it and need the same information. MeasureUp is good prep for this test but the way the questions are answered are kind of different. So make sure you learn the concepts as much as possible but if you pass MeasureUp every time (without just memorizing the answers), you should pass. Onto Windows 7 config and Net+. :)

Hello,

I am currently in the same position you were when you created this post. I am taking this exam in just a few days from now and would be very happy to know some more details and what to expect from it. As I already said, I too have the original MOAC and acquired the MeasureUp tests (which I've aced). Could you be more specific about the "way the questions are answered are kind of different"?
    Also, could someone please tell me if the questions from the exam exceed the subjects covered in the book and/or MU test and the grade of difficulty of this exam (let's say on a scale from 1 to 10)?

Any answer is well-received. Thank you in advance!
  • Options
    cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    IMHO the test was easy, think it took me less then 10 minutes and I either missed 1 question or didnt miss any at all. All depends on your experiance.

check this part of the forum for more reviews and opinions on the test: Other Microsoft Electives Forums
  • Options
    horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
    cruwl wrote: »
    IMHO the test was easy, think it took me less then 10 minutes and I either missed 1 question or didnt miss any at all. All depends on your experiance.

check this part of the forum for more reviews and opinions on the test: Other Microsoft Electives Forums

(I am bad at Englrish)
    Compare to the 70-642, yes it is easier.
    98-366 is a nice general overview on Microsoft Networking Technologies
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Bringing this thread back from the dead. I'm looking at taking this certification just to get it. Has anyone else got this certification? If so, what was your study method? I'm currently out of work, so any free content would be awesome :)
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S