Options

icnd1 booked

beginner_ccnabeginner_ccna Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
got the exam in a few days

been going through my notes, done the cisco press exam a few times, can subnet class c quickly, i feel my labwork is good going on the sims which were in the practice exam

what are everyones tips for the exam?

are the sims the exact same layout as in the boson system that comes with the cisco press book?

Comments

• Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Can you do subnetting on Class A and B networks?
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    dpjackal89dpjackal89 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't stress out about it. ICND1 is an extremely easy test. The subnetting questions are not as difficult as people make it seem.
  • Options
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    Can you do subnetting on Class A and B networks?

yeah i can but not as fast as class c addresses, should this be a problem for the icnd1 exam?
  • Options
    jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    also are you comfortable with the CLI ?
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yeah i can but not as fast as class c addresses, should this be a problem for the icnd1 exam?
    I'd say you need to be confident with subnetting all classes before going into the exam. I cannot give you specifics since that'll break the agreement with Cisco - but you need to know the ranges and such. Really, subnetting class A and B addresses really isn't that hard. go to subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online practice practice practice! :) I hope this helps.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    jsb515 wrote: »
    also are you comfortable with the CLI ?

yeah, been praticising all my show commands (show running-config, show interfaces, show ip protocols, show ip interface brief, show controllers) and been creating labs in packet tracer, configuring static routes, rip version1 and 2, using telnet and ssh, etc so feel that i have done enough lab work
  • Options
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    I'd say you need to be confident with subnetting all classes before going into the exam. I cannot give you specifics since that'll break the agreement with Cisco - but you need to know the ranges and such. Really, subnetting class A and B addresses really isn't that hard. go to subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online practice practice practice! :) I hope this helps.

this website is a must for everyone, excellent website and have been practising subnetting on this for a while, got to a stage were i can subnet pretty quickly in my head
  • Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yeah, been praticising all my show commands (show running-config, show interfaces, show ip protocols, show ip interface brief, show controllers) and been creating labs in packet tracer, configuring static routes, rip version1 and 2, using telnet and ssh, etc so feel that i have done enough lab work

yes, this test is cisco 101 in terms of the commands. The subnetting is just learning to count in binary which is what computer do anyway so this is fundamental for anything IT. This is the Cisco 101 test and should also serve as a litnus test and barometer for your interest in this field because Cisco doesn't just cut deep, it gashes you thru and thru.