Core Impact

Did some searching around the web, but still have a few questions about Core Impact...

1. Does anyone have any experience doing PenTesting with Core Impact?
2. Anyone know if there are any trial versions out there, or any way to train with the product without purchasing an over-priced license? (Maybe like a home-use license or something)
3. Is there a training course equivalent to PWB (PenTesting with Backtrack) for Core Impact?

Comments

• HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I personally have no experience with the product, however for one of my WGU classes I had to do research on pentesting utilities. Core Impact was one of the ones I selected to go over. There is an application that you can fill out to see if they approve you for a trial version, not sure what the criteria is for it however. From what I was reading on the site, they do offer training, but I didn't get that far into that aspect to say how you'd get that set up.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I used it once for a vulnerability scan related to PCI-DSS Compliance. It did the job and found some things the other companies software didn't, though they turned out to be false positives. I didn't set it up, but overall it was pretty easy to use and powerful.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff