Options

Are Traditional IT Roles Changing due to Cloud?

pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
Are Traditional IT Roles Changing due to Cloud?

I found an interesting article by Elias Khnaser on how Virtualization & Cloud concept is changing the traditional IT Roles. Its a good read as it explains the changes that need to be made for us to adapt to this technology as well as debunks the myth that cloud will lead to job loss.

Are IT Roles Changing? -- Virtualization Review

Your thoughts?
[h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]

Comments

• Options
    odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The simple answer is yes. This topic has been discussed before. Roles are changing and possibly moving to another location. Small companies may decide to go to a public cloud and allow a MSP to provide services. Larger compaines are heading towards private cloud using automated technolgies to deploy faster. Technology roles have always been changing, and people need to be smart enough to recoginze these as an opportunity to advance.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have just been listening to a radio talkback show where a cloud computing company that advertises on the station was asked about the ramifications of outages experienced here over the past couple days and the guy blew it off as no big deal. Later on several clients phoned in and advised that 50 something people sitting around with their digits up their collectives cost companys serious coin.

Cloud computing can work, but it is not what I would recommend for anyone I knew that wanted to have decent up-time and control over their business.
    Yup I am old fashioned - but honestly, at the price hardware is selling for these days and the relatively low licencing costs compared to what they used to be the argument for cloud computing is not that good.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes
    things are changing again.....
    users are wanting to control their own devices also and be more mobile.