Options

CCNA - me too :)

neoteslaneotesla Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've done my ICND2 today. It was intense, but I was happy to see at the end that I got 916 points. :) Moments before the final screen, I didn't feel that good about my performance...

I haven't been posting here for a while, as I was really trying to soak in all of the ICND2 material (primarily the wonderfully difficult book by Odom). Made a lot of notes, and then made notes from notes, and so on.

For labbing, this time I didn't bother trying to get the real lab (I did try that several months ago for ICND1, but eBay prices for the second-hand routers & switches here in Australia are nowhere near as good as what I hear is the case in the USA, where I gather many of you are.) I've used Packet Tracer for the most part, and a little bit of GNS3 (for advanced features that are not implemented in PT).

I'm also in the postgrad study (networking and system admin) by distance, and that work has been piling up, as I was completely dedicated to ICND2 over the past 2 months. That is getting pretty urgent, and I already have an assignment in IT ethics due Sunday (and I haven't yet read a word of required texts... It's gonna be fun). icon_study.gif

I'm eyeing the CCNP curriculum in the coming months, but that will largely be dependent on the work requirements (they might take me in a different direction - don't know yet). Anyway, my Uni is in the Cisco Networking Academy, so I should be able to use their lab facilities for advanced Cisco study.

Cheers all, and good luck with your certs, whatever they are!

Comments

• Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @neotesla - congrats on the CCNA! Good luck on the CCNP or whatever you do next! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    neoteslaneotesla Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    nXPLOSinXPLOSi Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cool.gif
    Twitter - ClarkFx
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Way to go...congrats
  • Options
    jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    awesome! so you spent about 2 months studying ICND 2? I just started on it last week and been studying it pretty heavy with a goal of testing in 3 months.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.