Options

Wgu for philippines ?

KaiiKaii Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys Is Philippines still cannot enroll at WGU until now?

Why? icon_cry.gif
I`m the Designer of my Own Catastrophy

“The best way to predict the FUTURE is to CREATE it”

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Whether or not you can enroll there, I think the real issue is whether a degree from there is going to be accepted in your country. Not because it's online, just because it's from outside the Philippines. Does it work out cheaper for you and are you considering enrolling there?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    MiikeBMiikeB Member Posts: 301
    Correct, they only accept US residents. Probably has to do with not wanting to deal with other countries rules and regulations.
    Graduated - WGU BS IT December 2011
    Currently Enrolled - WGU MBA IT Start: Nov 1 2012, On term break, restarting July 1.
    QRT2, MGT2, JDT2, SAT2, JET2, JJT2, JFT2, JGT2, JHT2, MMT2, HNT2
    Future Plans - Davenport MS IA, CISSP, VCP5, CCNA, ITIL
    Currently Studying - VCP5, CCNA
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I suspect WGU is only available to US residents because WGU was originally funded using tax-payer dollars. Although, WGU is no longer sustained through the use of state funding, I'm guessing that their board wishes to keep that option open if they run into financial trouble and decide to seek tax-payer funding. Just a guess though.
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    I thought they were letting other North American residents apply too (Canada/Mexico)??
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers