Options

70-640 on monday

sharpy56sharpy56 Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
This coming one - a little worried (not sure how I will go) but am labbing it up/cramming all weekend!

Comments

• Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Good luck sharpy! Let us know how you do icon_cheers.gif

I have this test at the end of the month and as I go through the CBT nuggets, lab, and read technet, I am becoming more confident in my AD skillz, considering I don't even touch AD at work icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    sharpy56 wrote: »
    This coming one - a little worried (not sure how I will go) but am labbing it up/cramming all weekend!

Good luck, study well.icon_study.gif
  • Options
    nXPLOSinXPLOSi Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Best of luck! icon_cool.gif
    Twitter - ClarkFx
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @sharpy56 - good luck on the 70-640 - from your previous posts you sound well-prepared - go show them, man! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good Luck. I posted some study guides on here about a month ago that has helped quite a few people. Download them and hopefully they will help you to. Also, if you are doing practice exams, do a search on Technet for the items you are having trouble with. Technet helped me quite a bit.
    Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+

• Options
    GDL-LCGDL-LC Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Failed the sections I thought I had in the bag, passed the sections i thought I wouldn't have a hope on and failed the exam.

Back to the books and then for round 2!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that. What areas did you have trouble with?

• Options
    Unforg1venUnforg1ven Member Posts: 108
    Sorry about the outcome friend. icon_sad.gif

And yes, what areas did you struggle?
    Next on Tap>> WGU B.S. IT - Network Administration
    MCSA:2008 Complete >> Capstone left!

####################################
    "One of God's own prototypes... too weird to live, too rare to die..."
  • Options
    Strugged with the DNS - and most other things apart from certificates.

Thought that certificates would be the one thing that made me fail (but looks like it was the only thing I really got right)!

Any one have any videos/links for DNS that is friendly for someone just learning it - just it seems most things found online is just for people who already understand the technology.
  • Options
    nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
    What resources are you using?
  • Options
    smooth2k8smooth2k8 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am taken 70-640 test on 2/1/2013. Right know i am using TrainSignal videos but going to get CBT videos after reading this post. Been working as Windows System Administrator for 8 years. Any tips about this Microsoft Exam? Can i get an opinion on TrainSignal vs CBT when training for this exam 70-640
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry for the fail have your tried the IT Free training site IT Free Training - YouTube they have a collection of Videos for the MCITP Series ( i am using the 642 part to study along with the Books & CBT )

For the DNS i found this on youtube not sure how helpful it would be for the 640 Exam but i found it covering the basic DNS stuff ( for a beginner like me ) ITSystemsAdmin - YouTube

Good Luck
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    Lucas21Lucas21 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear about the fail. Are you getting a free second shot?

As for online learning materials, this website seems very useful:

NetworkingProgramming.com
  • Options
    Sure do get a second shot - is why i wasn't as worried about it, just hope i Pass the next one!
  • Options

Thought that certificates would be the one thing that made me fail (but looks like it was the only thing I really got right)!

I though the same thing and found CS to be fairly easy. DNS is a tough one, and is the core to AD. You can try the DNS training videos from IT Free Training videos on You Tube. Watch both sets for both the 70-640 and 70-642. You might also want to buy a one-day pass at CBT Nuggets and watch their DNS videos. Finally, check out my study guides I posted on this forum, and make sure you study up on the DNS pages in Tech Net.

Good Luck!

• Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Unforg1ven wrote: »
    Sorry about the outcome friend. icon_sad.gif

And yes, what areas did you struggle?

The individual section percentages can be misleading because they can have a large difference in the number of questions. For example, when I took 72-642 (I'm taking 72-640 tomorrow), I got probably 20 questions on DNS, but only 3 on IP Addressing (all IPv6). So, getting a 67% on addressing meant I only missed one question - I didn't know the Unique Local (FC00::/7) address range, whereas an 85% on DNS meant I had missed 3 questions - I believe one of them was a question on pointer records that had no correct answer as either they were using the wrong record type (A instead of PTR) or the pointer record was malformed (octets in wrong order - should be reversed - or not ending in .in-addr.arpa).
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□

Any one have any videos/links for DNS that is friendly for someone just learning it - just it seems most things found online is just for people who already understand the technology.

I also took 72-640 today. But, interestingly, DNS was my second worst section. When I took 72-642, DNS was my best section. I suspect that this might be because 72-642 had so many questions on DNS (almost half the test), but 72-640 had only a handful of DNS questions and at least one [again] had no right answer.
    1. (TIED) Infrastructure, Objects
    2. (TIED) Infrastructure, Objects
    3. Certificate Services
    4. Maintenance
    5. DNS
    6. Other AD Roles (FS, RMS, LDS)
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]