Options

Failed ICND1.... score 799

gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
I guess I would rather be a strong CCENT after two attempts then a weak one with a pass the first attempt. I must say my first fail sucks. I'm in the process of scheduling it again last week.

Weakest areas:

Describe the operation of data networks 40
Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN 50
Implement and verify WAN links 60

Strong areas:
Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate those threats 100
Implement a small switched network 86
Implement a IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network requirement for a small branch office 75

I've pointed out which chapters correlate to the weak areas and I'm planning to go full force.

I'll be a CCENT next week. Gotta crawl before you can walk.
Goals for 2015: CCNP

Comments

• Options
    jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    ouch, have you done any practice test?
  • Options
    Working on those right now... being honest with myself I should have taken more and maybe I would've have more than the 5 I needed to pass this sucker.
  • Options
    2URGSE2URGSE Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Boson Ex-Sim ICND1. If you can score over 90% on random exams consecutively, you'll be ready.
    A+
    Network+
    CCENT (formally CCNA certified)
    ICE (Imprivata Certified Engineer)
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have to agree with 2URGSE. Pound away as practice exams, find your weak spots, and get back on the horse.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Which book did you use. We need to compile a list of which books fall short. So far, the leading candidates re Odom and Lammle

You need a good ICND2 book for the Implementing and Verifying WAN links. Oh and you will need to study extra hard for the ICND2 exam which is all about WAN links to the exclusion of more simple data networks. Some say a good ICND2 book can actually help you with ICND1.
  • Options
    gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    Not bad though isn't that like 5 points away from passing?
  • Options
    sendalotsendalot Member Posts: 328
    Wow, I am not alone in getting slapped by ICND-1.

Hope you pass well and give good insights for people like me.
  • Options
    Yup, five points away.

But all is well. I'm studying hard for next week. There were some fundamental things that I'm realizing I needed to have driven home.

What I used to study is in my first post for those asking.

I'll be sure to let everyone know how I did. As for right now, things are looking good. I'm drilling home the topics I missed on the exam.