Options

The future

2URGSE2URGSE Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
With the big day (ICND2) approaching 2-3 weeks, I'm already thinking about the next certification.

My question is:

Should I go to CCDA and CCNA Voice OR should I start hitting the CCNP, and then go CCDP and CCNP Voice.
A+
Network+
CCENT (formally CCNA certified)
ICE (Imprivata Certified Engineer)

Comments

• Options
    DiggsDiggs Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Only you can really answer this question - what are you interested in learning?

I'm pretty much in the same boat with my CCNA around the corner - I'm leaning towards CCNA Voice
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Think about it this way... Once you get to the NP level, you'll need to keep current at that level - Meaning if you go back down and visit the other NA's AFTER you get your NP... you'll have less time to study for your NP. Or risk failing the test and loosing your cert.

NP is an expensive undertaking, one that you may not want to put on your resume unless you have the experience. It's generally seen as a "red flag" for those with that cert with few years experience. I don't want to discourage you from the NP/IE, because it's a great idea and you shouldn't just stop learning and be satisfied with what you know... After all, you've only started to know something about something ;)
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm going bold. I've already purchased the ROUTE book and I plan to study for the CCNP after the CCNA. I'm afraid of losing what I've learned, so why not :)
  • Options
    jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    i'm with veritas on this, I plan to do voice after my NA but after voice I will continue on to NP stuff. I need to have Voice for my work but I plan to continue on.
  • Options
    TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
    I am in same boat except it will take me about 2 months to take the ICND2. I am leaning towards Securtiy. I am also thinking to go for data center certificate, but it is 2 different exam. One is similar to ICND1 and little from ICND2 and second exam more into data center technologies.
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
    Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies.

I was thinking CCNA-Voice, CCDA and perhaps CCNA Security, then I can go to CCNP.
    A+
    Network+
  • Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Look at it this way. Leave the CCNP off your Resume. Study and pass. That way you look like a genius when you interview for a ccna position.
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • Options
    ^ Yeah!

There's nothing that has to say you need to put in all your achievements and certifications... afterall... You still have a CCNA, it's required for the CCNP. Just put that down, blow the interview out of the water!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

• Options
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    ^ Yeah!

There's nothing that has to say you need to put in all your achievements and certifications... afterall... You still have a CCNA, it's required for the CCNP. Just put that down, blow the interview out of the water!

Ok, good.

2013 will be devoted to all specialized CCNA, CCDA and perhaps the CEH.

I also see that Cisco offers a lot of product certifications, for ASA for example and Call Manager, how about some of those??
    A+
    Network+
  • Options
    It's hard to tell you "Not to." When it comes to it, someone finds any certification useful. It's just a matter of what you want to do and finding that person that likes what you have to offer.

I don't know too much about C|EH, but from the short time I've researched it - it's a lot of old tools, and you get tested on if you can use those tools. Again, don't quote me (Even though I'm sure I will be), you'd be better asking over there and getting an answer from the horse's mouth.