Options

CCNA Data Center Certification

TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
I am preparing for ICND2, i will take it sometime in February.
Lately, i been thinking to go some data center certificate, since i been working in a company that does lots of data center cabling. Actually one of our clients is Google. It has 2 exam

640-911 DCICN
Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN)

640-916 DCICT
Introducing Cisco Data CenterTechnologies(DCICT)

First one is simpler version of CCNA. Mostly CCENT+little from ICND2 and second one more into data center technologies.

My question is, is it doable without actual hardware? or like with a 3router-2switches setup? And did anyone do it? I am between data center and CCNA security, which is only one exam. or may be i just get Data center first, and get security later. I am really confused lately.
WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)

Comments

• Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I dont know what is worse, this or the CCNP Data center with 6 exams! wow!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Matt (a friend of mine) at Keeping It classless took his and attained his CCNA DC recently- check his post on it at CCNA Datacenter | Keeping It Classless

I must caveat that with the fact he has a lot of hands on experience.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    chrisone wrote: »
    I dont know what is worse, this or the CCNP Data center with 6 exams! wow!
    Actually only 4 are required for CCNP Data Center. You have the two required, then can choose between the two Design exams or the two Support/Troubleshooting exams.
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    I just finished the NA and NP DC. The NA tests were actually pretty hard. The first one is really remedial and gave me an issue due to the things I've forgotten. The second one covers a lot of material. The NP tests are more focused and were, for me, somewhat easier.
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    ikea_the_sofaikea_the_sofa Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The other day I attended a webinar from cisco: Preparing for your CCNA Data Center Certifications Studies
    It discussed what to study for the CCNA DC: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16438
    There is a power-point like presentation that explains what to study and good resources to use for the study.

I plan to get this certification.

ColbyG how much experience do you have on the cisco nexus switches? For someone without cisco certs do you have any recommendations? (At work I do FCoE Validation and have to setup, configure and use nexus 5000, and sometimes 7000s)
  • Options
    TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
    thnx bro, i downloaded the recording of the webiner. I will check it out later when i have a time. Does it cover lots of books? The problem is i think there is not much practice test, to get ready with self-study.
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
    Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)