Options

CISM/CISA/CRISC/CGEIT December 2012 Feedback

123457»

Comments

• Options
    numberfivenumberfive Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    chk2206 wrote: »
    I have so say (not to sound very negative) but ISACA is terrible for efficiency! It's honestly laughable that an IT examination is taken on paper in 2013. Sigh. Beyond that the lead time to find out the results just seems way too long as well. When I found out I passed the exam and submitted my application (emailed) to ISACA, there is an additional 8 weeks they claim is necessary for "processing time". 8 weeks?!? I want to present this cert to my management and add to my credentials and I feel like I am in an endless waiting period with this this organization. When I check the website it tells me my application status is complete-pending audit. I don't know exactly what this means, but I think I'm going to definitely scream loudly if it means it will take ISACA even longer to get me my official cert.

Designation is given by decision of certification board, you don't need to wait for official paper itself. Why would you rush with this anyway?
  • Options
    TunYauTunYau Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Anyone receive Physical Certificate? Still waiting for mine. I am form Malaysia (South East Asia)
  • Options
    badrottiebadrottie Member Posts: 116
    andhow wrote: »
    Some people have gotten through the application process in as little as two weeks.

ISACA processed and approved my CISA application in exactly 7 days. Admittedly, I didn't file mine immediately after I received my exam results, and most likely missed the post-exam application tidal wave they typically have.
  • Options
    TunYauTunYau Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Received my cert after 25 business day.
  • Options
    lysjelysje Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm also still waiting for the physical certification. Below my timeline.

12/08/12 Took CISA Exam
    1/31/13 Received Exam Results
    2/04/13 Submitted application
    2/05/13 Received Email notification that application was send to review board.
    2/19/13 Awarded CISA designation, mail said it would take approx 7-21 to the rest of the world.
    4/07/13 still waiting for cert...
  • Options
    CISPhDCISPhD Member Posts: 114
    @Lysje - Seems you owe ISACA a call. ;) Even with the 10 day lead time that it takes to get it out the door, you should have had it about a week ago.

I got my cert/pin a few days ago.
  • Options
    numberfivenumberfive Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    12/08/12 - Took CISM Exam
    02/01/13 - Received Exam Results
    02/11/13 - Submitted application
    02/14/13 - Received Email notification that application was send to review board.
    03/14/13 - Awarded CISM designation, mail said it would take approx 7-21 to the rest of the world.
    05/10/13 - received hard copy
  • Options
    Leo_BLeo_B Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey CISPhd,
    you mentioned that you created your own flash cards that you were willing to share. I am interested if you are still willing to share. I have scheduled the test for Dec30
    Leo
  • Options
    ip_upip_up Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Chk2206,
    I was looking at my CISM certification status which i have applied a month ago and I have sam message: "Complete-Audit Pending.
    Would you please share with us what happened next in your case.
    Thank you