Options

Passed 70-646!

Passed w/ a 756 and now MCSA:2008 certified :D

Definitely a broad exam with a lot of "best" possible answers thrown in there. Know your WSUS, Virtualization, DFS like the back of your hand. Pretty much all my strong stuff on Server 2008R2 i possessed was only lightly tested so this is a real big relief to me.
Next on Tap>> WGU B.S. IT - Network Administration
MCSA:2008 Complete >> Capstone left!

####################################
"One of God's own prototypes... too weird to live, too rare to die..."

Comments

• Options
    sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Congratulations!
    What sources did you use to prepare? I'm going to take this exam next year and haven't been able to find a book that was updated for R2 and includes all exam objectives.
  • Options
    Unforg1venUnforg1ven Member Posts: 108
    I used a plethora of resources. WGU provides access to MOAC labs and you do your own labbing here and there. CBT Nuggets do a nice job to supplement. For 2/3 of my MCSA track, I worked in a Microsoft shop so working with the product everyday helps. I now currently work where no Windows Servers are deployed whatsoever so it made things a little more difficult to hold onto some concepts.

I also used the MSPress R2 edition books for this one. It is a pretty solid overview and the questions on the cd are good practice. I bought the MeasureUp Exams for 30 days to cram. This was a huge help and the case scenarios and questions are very similar to the 70-646 from my experience.

Previous Labsim notes, Skillsoft training, Technet to delve deep into a topic.

In other words, use as many resources as possible before the test ;)
    Next on Tap>> WGU B.S. IT - Network Administration
    MCSA:2008 Complete >> Capstone left!

####################################
    "One of God's own prototypes... too weird to live, too rare to die..."