Options

WIC1T not recognised in Router 2610XM

gprasadbgprasadb Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am not able to see anything in the hyperterminal window when i start the router 2610XM with WIC1T inserted. It is not showing anyerrors.

When i remove the WIC1T and start the router then it works.

Could you please help me out to fix this issue.

Comments

• Options
    jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    Are you saying the router doesn't boot with the WIC card installed? Have you tried moving it to the alternate slot? What about using a spare WIC and seeing if that works? I had a WIC-2T go bad for no reason, and it was a beast figuring it out until I tried another card.
  • Options
    gprasadbgprasadb Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Router booted up when i tried moving the WIC1T into other slot but the serial interface is not recognised by IOS.

I removed the WIC1T card and placed it into other router and it worked fine so i am thinking its not the problem with WIC1T card.

Is there anyway i can find the root cause why the serial interface is not recognised?
  • Options
    johnifanx98johnifanx98 Member Posts: 329
    Would you share a pic of your router slots side?
  • Options
    Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    Is the WIC-1T Genuine Cisco Equipment? I've had problems with some of the Chineese WIC copies. They're cheap, and sometimes work in labs, but are horribly unreliable.
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU