Options

Am I completely out of luck?

BobbyDCBobbyDC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
With school, my family, and the new job I completely forgot that I had the ICND 2 scheduled for the 6th of this month. It has me listed as a No-Show on the pearson vue website... Is there a way to actually reschedule the test I missed or do I just have to cut my losses and pay for another exam?

Comments

• Options
    BobbyDCBobbyDC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Never mind... I found my answer.

If you wish to reschedule your exam, you must contact Pearson VUE 24 hours prior to your exam appointment. If you reschedule an exam less than 24 hours in advance, you will forfeit your entire exam fee. Exam fees are also due for no-shows.

• Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    that is correct
    good case scenario is 24 hours prior the exam
    after that you may reschedule but it may inquire in penalties (depends on company)
    meh
  • Options
    Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    Dont worry dude -- The same thing happened to me last May
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • Options
    mrbigheadmrbighead Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It can't hurt to call and ask for a reschedule. The worst they will do is say no.l
  • Options
    nardyseniornardysenior Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Corndork2 wrote: »
    Dont worry dude -- The same thing happened to me last May
    How did everything turn out for you.
    Unfortunately I recently did the same thing the thread starter did but only for the comptia a+ and I was curious to if I had any options.
  • Options
    vanditaverma31vanditaverma31 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi All,

I am RF Optimization Engineer since past 3.5 plus years and I have completed Cisco's CCNA, CCNP, CCIE Written in routing and switching. But I am not getting job offers, as i dont have any hand son experience on it. Can anyone help me out how to get into good networking companies?

Regards,
    Vandita
  • Options
    vasyvasyvasyvasy Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi vanditaverma31
    Welcome to TE

If you have a question or a problem, please open your own thread for this is easier for anyone to follow your topic and not the original
    Or maybe hop on an existing thread, with similar problems as yours (use search engine, is quite good)

Regarding your problem, the certifications are irrelevant since they are paper-based only... the main idea is to have the experience necessary and only then to confirm the experience and professional background with a piece of paper
    So, in my opinion, the best things you can do are:
    - state your plans, requirements for the ideal job: job field, salary, work hours, extra perks, etc
    - use dice.com or any other job site to see what are the requirements in your desired field of expertise
    - prepare a home-lab on those topics and study your arse off
    - prepare a fool-proof resume, there are plenty threads on TE on this problem
    - send tons of resume, both online and on site to every head hunter agency in your town : if you don't land a job immediately, you will be forever stuck in their database of possible candidates
    - ask your colleagues and friends to notify you in case there is a job opening somewhere out there
    - expand on your LinkedIn network
    - never give up

Cheers!