Passed SSCP

DagistoDagisto Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed it today.

Using Darril Gibsons All-in-One SSCP study guide. Bootcamped myself for a week and read the book twice (4 days). Also used the Access Control, Cryptography and Security Operations chapters from the official CBK.

Did not use the Nuggets or anything else other than these two books. In the end I used the practice exam of the CD that I got with Darrils book and got scores higher than 90%+.

I was pretty scared to this exam and some questions where pretty vague and others were to obvious. After sitting more than 1,5+ hours behind the screen I knew I nailed it.

Thank you Darril, JDMurray, Daryle and anyone else for the tips and info

Comments

• IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, Dagisto - so when's the CISSP scheduled for? icon_lol.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • crashdumpcrashdump Banned Posts: 134
    Dear Dagisto

Congrats.

Did you take your exam with VUE.com or Prometric? How much did it cost?
  • DagistoDagisto Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ivanjam wrote: »
    Congrats, Dagisto - so when's the CISSP scheduled for? icon_lol.gif

Planned for Q3. I first want to get Private Cloud (MCSE) certified and then focus on getting the GSEC cert./experience.

But the All-in-one CISSP will be ordered ASAP.
    crashdump wrote: »
    Dear Dagisto

Congrats.

Did you take your exam with VUE.com or Prometric? How much did it cost?

VUE.com and it cost me €260,-for the exam, pretty expensive.

In $$$!!

$336,- Exam VUE.com
    $ 89,- SSCP CBK book
    $ 65,- All-in-One SSCP guide__+
    $490,- in total

Good investment overall
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Congrats on your pass!
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!

How did you like the ISC2 SSCP book? I've read some bad reviews on it so I wasn't sure about getting it.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
    Congrats on the pass!!!

How did you like the ISC2 SSCP book? I've read some bad reviews on it so I wasn't sure about getting it.

The official book is an excellent source of information but it is like reading an encyclopedia. It wasn't easy to read and afterwards I switched to the All-in-One SSCP guide, because the practice questions in the official guide were full of errors and the book is not well-edited. (Sorry ISC²)
    Another issue with the CBK SSCP Guide is that there is no logic behind the build up between the chapters.

The all-in-one guide first provides you with the basics in Access Controls, Networking and Telecommunications and then gives you information how these relate to Security vulnerabilities, principels,procedures, protocols, attacks and keeps repeating some of the info that was mentioned in the previous chapters.

So it makes it much easier to not only memorize the information but also see the relationship between these principles, protocols etc. I actually enjoyed reading the book and I will read it again in the near future.

The CBK book is a good reference book if you need a very detailed description of each domain, but the All-in-Guide is overall a very well written and easy to read book. So buy both, you won't regret it.

I had a job interview yesterday for a Security position and I perfectly answered every Security question that was thrown at me.
  • odog007odog007 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass
  • Bill3rdshiftBill3rdshift Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dagisto wrote: »
    I had a job interview yesterday for a Security position and I perfectly answered every Security question that was thrown at me.

Ahh that rocks man!! Perfect scenario for you. I bet they were thoroughly impressed with your knowledge.

Let us know what happens with the job if you don't mind.
    Reading: Incident Response & Disaster Recovery, Server 2008r2 Administration, IT Security Interviews Exposed
    Telecom Info Page: http://telecom.tbi.net
    Ahh that rocks man!! Perfect scenario for you. I bet they were thoroughly impressed with your knowledge.

Let us know what happens with the job if you don't mind.

Yesterday received the message that I got the job!!!!

Next year I will be starting as a Security Operations Analyst at one of the biggest companies in this country.