Options

Passed ICND 2 Today! - 2nd try

jukemjukem Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed with an 860. After failing last week with an 805, I must say the boost of motivation I got definitely helped push me through the long hours of hitting the books and labs this past week. I guess now I'll take a break the rest of the week while contemplating whether I'll start ccna: security or mcsa.
“You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.”--Will Smith in the Movie: Pursuit of Happyness

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    marco71marco71 Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Maybe ccna:sec will be your next step, the exam is not so difficult... good luck!
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice job! Congrats
  • Options
    Thank guys. Gotta love the support of TE
    “You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.”--Will Smith in the Movie: Pursuit of Happyness
  • Options
    jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    Congratulations on the pass! All that hard work pays off eventually! As far as what's next, I've heard that CCNA:Security is a pretty easy (comparatively) test after taking CCNA. Good luck!
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Keep in mind that the new CCNA:Security requires you to have access to an ASA.
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on the CCNA!!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    suitsonfiresuitsonfire Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I am prepping to take ICND 2 in January and was curious to know what resources you used to pass. Thanks!
  • Options
    suitsonfire - the resources I used were:

Odom's ICND2 book (really helped with the logical side of the test)
    Danscourses ccna youtube videos and packet tracer labs(to follow along during the videos) DansCourses.com
    CBT Nuggets ICND2 (followed along with jeremy using packet tracer)
    Various packet tracer labs I either set up myself or found through google searches

Hope this helps in your studies and good luck!
  • Options
    maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with future studies!!
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is awesome. Congrats for continuing to push!
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jukem wrote: »

Danscourses ccna youtube videos and packet tracer labs(to follow along during the videos) DansCourses.com
    Various packet tracer labs I either set up myself or found through google searches

Way to work in a variety of resources Congrats. You used PT on two different resources (Dan's courses and CBT nuggets). highly prolific. I would substitute the McQuerry Icnd2 book rther then odoms initially and then use Odom if needed.(which should be for some details)
  • Options
    drefoq80drefoq80 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @ Jukem congrats! and thanks for heads up on the Danscourses that i didn't know. I will definitely check it out
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ditto on the Danscourses. Congrats on the pass!!
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • Options
    StephenOnTheGridStephenOnTheGrid Banned Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    good job bro! congratulations! glad to hear you didnt give up.! tight
  • Options
    kremitkremit Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jukem wrote: »

Maybe dans videos is what I need. I read through odoms book and lammles book, but yet I still fear the icnd2. I can't throw away $150 on a mistake. I know Cisco provides the goals for the icnd2 but what are your thoughts on what videos? Should one watch ccna1-4 for the icnd2? It's not the commands that I'm weak at its the endless information and troubleshooting they are throwing out there.
    Pending:
    640-816; ITIL 2011
    2013:
    Sharepoint, ITIL, CCNA