Options

In Search of a good test simulator

goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
Don't want to break the bank. What do you guys think of Odom official Cert guide 3rd addition? Where the practice exams helpfull? I really want something that is going to test my skills. NOthing worst taking an exam with false hopes.

Almost done reviewing all of the Cisco Net academy.

I would like to start preparing for the IND1 exam. I took a peek at the Cisco objectives and it seems like there is so much. Are there any good test simulators out there that will point out what I am week at.
The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    A lot of people here like Boson and Transcender
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    bout2kbout2k Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would recommend Boson.
    What happens in the cloud, stays in the cloud! - Jeremy Cioara
  • Options
    jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    don't think I could have done as well as I did with out Boson helping me find my weak areas.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have a very different approach when it comes to practice tests, or test simulators. I don't take them. Well, technically I do. But I'll only take the practice tests that's on the CD with my book. I always take the beginning/end test (depends on which book), if I don't score more than 9/10 I'll go back over what I was weak on and re-study. I'll also take plenty of notes on what I didn't quite know. This helps with retention on the subject.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the helpfull responses..

Are Boson and Transcender truly random simulators or will I see the same exact question in the simulator??
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • Options
    Apollo80Apollo80 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They are designed to prepare you for the exam without giving you the actual questions that are on the exam, if that answers your question. I believe the Transcender material is actually more difficult than the exam. If you can get through that, you should be in good shape to sit the exam.
  • Options
    Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    +1 to Boson and Transcender

Boson is included with the Cisco Press Book in the CD-ROM attached to the back cover. So, its free if you buy the book.

Transcender will cost you, however it is a little harder than the actual test, so if you can handle Transcender, you can definitely handle the test.

I would strongly reccommend Boson in this case, simply based on price. Frankly, ICND 1 isn't that bad, and I would hate to see you waste money in study resources that you may not need. ICND 2 is much harder. I'd invest in Transcender when I got to that point if I were you.
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU