Options

What to do for the next month or so

DANMOH009DANMOH009 Member Posts: 241
Hi Guys I passed my CCNA last month and since then i've found myself having a lot more time on my hands but no using it usefully.

I want to start studying CCNP route,

But i feel without more knowledge about the technologies around cisco it will be no use, my knowledge with cisco will grow but for example when it comes to setting up a VPN on a draytek or something similar i wont be as confident.

My current job doesnt involve much core networking more general ADSL based support, however i am hoping that is going to change at the end of january where i will be using show commands in my day to day duties on a cisco router.

Basically my question is before i study for my CCNP would would you guys feel i should learn more about, what sort of thibgs can i try and set up or read about at home prior to learning more cisco stuff.

A lot of people have advised to get a microsoft qualification first (i dont really feel this would intrest me though), A lot of people have said to try setting up a linux server running a mail client on there.

If anyone has any advice on what is really expected of a CCNA candidate to know (non cisco) that would be great, i will start learning that for a couple of months.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Personally I would build up your home lab and move directly into CCNP studies. If your looking for a book to hold you over you can check out Network Warrior which I heard is a great book to read after passing CCNA. Goodluck with whatever you decide to do though icon_cheers.gif