Options

WGU BSIT Transferability to Masters Program?

DACP_timDACP_tim Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys. I've been contemplating very hard about attending WGU. One thing that has me concerned is the transferability down the line into a Master's program at another school. I know WGU has two MSIT programs, but just in case I wanted to attend a local state school (mainly due to veteran's benefits) I was wondering if anyone had any success stories?

So to sum it up, do any of you have a BSIT from WGU that you've successfully transferred into another schools MS program?? Thanks!
Army OIF Vet - SysAd for the Air Guard - WGU BS-IT Software starting 2/1/2013

Comments

• Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    You should be able to apply to most regionally accredited Master's programs without issue.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Hello DACP_tim, There have been a few people who have transferred to Master's programs after graduating WGU. I believe swilde is one of them but there are a few more on here. Here's a list of some of the schools that WGU graduates went on to:
    WGU Alumni Community - Frequently Asked Questions
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You shouldn't have a problem, I got my BSIT from WGU and was later accepted into a MSIA program at another university. I graduated with my MSIA from Davenport University last summer.
  • Options
    DACP_timDACP_tim Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello DACP_tim, There have been a few people who have transferred to Master's programs after graduating WGU. I believe swilde is one of them but there are a few more on here. Here's a list of some of the schools that WGU graduates went on to:
    WGU Alumni Community - Frequently Asked Questions

Ah, i missed this. Very helpful thanks!
    Army OIF Vet - SysAd for the Air Guard - WGU BS-IT Software starting 2/1/2013
  • Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    Generally if you are going to a state school that you didn't get your bachelors from, they are going to care more about your GRE score than your previous university. So the real question is, is do you think an education at WGU will provide you with a strong enough foundation to do well on the GRE?
  • Options
    ahardinjrahardinjr Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Because WGU is regionally accrediated, you should not have a problem; however, that is not to stay you may not have to complete pre-reqs in the graduate program. I agree with zrockstar, your GRE score will matter the most.
    WGU MS:IT - Network Management
    MBA - Information Assurance Mgmt