Options

Started A+ this week...

lorynloryn Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
...and I had no idea how LITTLE I knew about computer hardware!!!

I have a networking degree (AAS), and we had to take hardware classes for it, but we never learned 1/8 of the stuff that's on the A+ tests...

Anybody have any suggestions? I have SO much material, I'm not sure what to concentrate on, other than IRQ's, CPU's, and Laser Printing...

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    First, take a look at the objectives. That shows you what you're expected to know. Do you have to memorize every little thing? No, but you should be familiar with each module. I used Mike Myers AIO guide for my main study, along with the Technotes from this site.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Ricka182 wrote:
    First, take a look at the objectives. That shows you what you're expected to know. Do you have to memorize every little thing? No, but you should be familiar with each module. I used Mike Myers AIO guide for my main study, along with the Technotes from this site.

Hey, as far as the A+ practice questions on this site, how close are they in relation to the actual test questions?
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    They will be harder, longer, and more confusing. The questions on this site, and sites like this, are more to test your overall knowledge of the subject, while the actual exam will expect you to, at least on some of the questions, be able to troubleshoot a more practical situation. That's where the confusion sets in. Always read the question completely, and all of the answers. Sometimes, the Comptia answer may not be the most obvious. If you're not sure, you can mark the question and comeback to review later. You will have plenty of time, provided you study, and are prepared. It's usually a good idea to go over all your questions and take a second look, just to be sure.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Ricka182 wrote:
    They will be harder, longer, and more confusing. The questions on this site, and sites like this, are more to test your overall knowledge of the subject, while the actual exam will expect you to, at least on some of the questions, be able to troubleshoot a more practical situation. That's where the confusion sets in. Always read the question completely, and all of the answers. Sometimes, the Comptia answer may not be the most obvious. If you're not sure, you can mark the question and comeback to review later. You will have plenty of time, provided you study, and are prepared. It's usually a good idea to go over all your questions and take a second look, just to be sure.

How about PIO modes? How important are they to the exam? Thanks, by the way, for all the help - it's truly appreciated.