ICND2 ifconfig?

W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
I've been using the Cisco Certification Practice Exam for 640-816 ICND2 recommended by WGU to prepare for the ICND2. It's on cicsco website in the cisco learning network store. The test can be a little tricky but I was confused when it asked me which command would show the the network interface on a linux system. Now don't get me wrong, I've been supporting linux for the past year so I know the answer but I'm just confused as to why that question would be on a cisco exam.

Comments

• jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    Perhaps they are considering whether the environment you could possibly be supporting a network on involves Linux machines. Just as they ask you about ping and tracert commands in Windows, it is important you know how to get network config information off of a Linux client as well.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think it's a good idea just to know the different ways to get things done. User level Windows is king, but since it's free... and free is always easier to justify than Licensing Costs, Linux has a good hold on the backend.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams