Options

OSCP, Perl or Python?

TheEscapistTheEscapist Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Which language has the best resources regarding the OSCP, Perl or Python? I have a few years of Perl, but I would need to brush up. I have been meaning to learn Python. I haven't written anything complicated in years. Most of the scripts I write at work are basic and used in Windows. I have limited shell scripting experience. I’m worried my programming skills are too weak sauce to start the PWB class and attempt OSCP test in next 3 months. I’d like to prepare more before paying the money for the labs.

Comments

• Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I believe most people will say that the course itself will provide most of the knowledge you will need. You will probably have to do some side research on certain topics though. Surely you can brush up on them all, but I don't think it will be a requirement. I myself am working to learn python really well as it seems to be the most versatile and provides a way to branch into all aspects of security. Shell scripting would probably be the next one since you can be sure a box you gain access to will have python or perl on it. Good luck and I am sure those who have/are taking the course will chime in.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    I believe most people will say that the course itself will provide most of the knowledge you will need. You will probably have to do some side research on certain topics though.

Nailed it! The course will provide you with the basics; however, you will have to do additional research. Brush up on bash scripting and python prior to starting - just a word of advice ;)
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
  • Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    Starting OSCP in February...can't wait!!!