Options

Just got promoted

broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey all. I'm relatively new on here but I attribute much of my success to the information I've read on these forums. Without your guidance and advise I would not have moved up as quickly as I have. Anyway I just got promoted to a mangement position. (Information Security Manger).

Some background info on me. I graduated from college this past spring with a degree in IS. Prior to my senior year I got an internship at my current company and was lucky enough to do some infosec work a nuclear project we had. This translated into a fulltime position in another department at the same company and now 9 months later the promotion came. I thought my age would work against me since I'm so young but I believe my visibility with upper management and the work I've been doing opened some doors for me.

Anyway, Thanks a bunch to all those that make threads asking questions because 90% of them are questions that I have myself. My plan going forward is to get my CISSP by then end of January and maybe CCNA Voice.

Comments

• Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and goodluck in the new position!!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congratulations! Good deal!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Congrats broli icon_cheers.gif

Just curious since you say you just graduated college, does that put you at age 22-24 in a management position?
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Congrats! Keep at it and continue to climb that ladder.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @Isud00d yep just about. Granted I'm not managing a lot of people but to get this type of experience this soon is really more than I could ask for.
  • Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats and continued success!
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Gratz on your promotion
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    broli720 wrote: »
    @Isud00d yep just about. Granted I'm not managing a lot of people but to get this type of experience this soon is really more than I could ask for.

That's awesome! Sounds like an amazing opportunity and a great jump on your career icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Mjstokes90Mjstokes90 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!