Options

Books\Video Resources for vSphere 5 / Data Center Virtualization in general

halaakajanhalaakajan Member Posts: 167
I need a good introductory book and/or video training series on vSphere 5. Which do you guys recommend?

Comments

• Options
    odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    So I see this post has well over hundred views but not a single reply. I'm sure you are now asking yourself, why is that? Quite frankly, this questions has been asked so many times in the forum, all you have to do is search and read the post.

I will still give you some recommendations:

Lowe's Mastering Vsphere 5, and trainsignal.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • Options
    vNerdvNerd Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    +1 for what odysseyelite suggested; 'Scott Lowe's Mastering vSphere 5 book' and the vSphere 5 videos from Trainsignal are both great resources.

If you aren't too familiar with virtualization, I would probably start with the Trainsignal videos, if you can get your hands on them, followed up by/concurrently reading Scott's book.

If you are looking for resources for the exam, I would recommend checking out Transcender and signing up for their practice exam material. There are some typos and small errors with what they give you but the overall material is solid and it's one of the best practice test [if not the best] resources out there for VCP with full detail for every available selection for each question. Jason Langer & Josh Cohen created a study guide based on the VCP test blueprint that is pretty comprehensive and worth a look.