Brianbench certifications

hrathgarhrathgar Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Are Brainbench certifications good for anything? I was bored at work today so I took a couple of the tests, I'm now a Master of computer fundamentals, and I'm a Brainbench certified computer technician and network technician. I'm thinking about putting the comp. technican and network technician on my resume, but I kind of think that it wouldn't do anything, and make me look silly in addition to that. Any opinions?

Comments

• RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ahhh, my favourite place ... lol

Kind of fun to do them and see what your general knowledge is, however they are totally worthless. I remember having someone with a resume that had those for just about everything, and this poor girl actually believed they were relevant and comparable to proper certifications or a degree icon_rolleyes.gif
    I enjoy doing them and before I started on my certification track I used them as a method to aid with getting back into study and taking tests. Actually I think I might have done a dozen or so of them, and in a couple I scored high 90% range, but I sure as heck wouldn't use them as anything other than personal growth.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I agree, worthless. I have about 15 of those lying around from the time they were still free. I, as well as anyone I show'm to, consider them to be some sort of joke. Can be good practice though, but since their not free anymore...