Options

What magazines do you subscribe to?

BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
For me I get pc & tech authority hard copy each month(Australian).

Currently looking for a good Linux magazine if one exist as I'm starting to dip my toe into the water so to speak.

What do you guys subscribe to?

Comments

• Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    New Scientist, BBC Focus, [FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]2600 Magazine: The Hacker Quarterly. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]I actually mostly read Science magazines, enough IT on line, no need to spend money. [/FONT]
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Um... ahem... cough... New Scientist and QST.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    Redmond magazine.... It was free, don't judge me.
  • Options
    dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ;login: from USENIX Membership
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Mens Health, Car and Driver, Autoweek, Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement, SWAT, Playboy, Redmond Magazine, CSO, and many others that I can't recall right now.

I only pay for GWLE and SWAT. For all others I've found free sources online.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Some gaming magazine I got through Gamestop. I don't usually have the desire to read it these days. I read some of it during the morning at the gym, but otherwise Meh.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Men's Health, Maximum PC, Information Week.
  • Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    Architectural Digest
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Men's Health and PC Mag get delivered to my house, but so far I haven't been reading them, apparently I like to subscribe to stuff, but not read stuff

I'm good with money
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    @Mike-Mike - it gives you peace of mind to know that information on an active lifestyle (Men's Health) and your chosen profession (PC Mag) are at your fingertips, so when your friends say "Hey, Mike, when are you going to start jogging?" you can respond "I am planning to start exercising, I even took out a subscription in Men's Health". The PC mag thing is for when they ask "what do you think about the new Cray Titan Supercomputer running at 17.9 petaflops?" you can say "I saw that on the cover of PC Mag and I was just about to read the article". Put it this way, it's your personal "Yin and Yang" - your own balance between the active person in you and the couch potato.
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    I'm good with money

Thanks for this, I literally lol'd. I did the same thing with Smart Computing. Came once a month, I would look at it, say "meh," then toss it to the side.
  • Options
    sieff wrote: »
    Architectural Digest

@sieff - going for the CCA or the MCA? icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    @Ivanjam nah, some cool photos and decor ideas in there. nice homes to motivate me to make more ca$h... for the most part its for my wife.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Thanks for this, I literally lol'd. I did the same thing with Smart Computing. Came once a month, I would look at it, say "meh," then toss it to the side.

Men's Health I thumb through, but it's all the same stuff, "what???? don't eat junk food? whaaaat?? i should exercise? where did you get this brand new information? are you **** me? fruits and vegetables are good for you??? wtf!"

PC Mag I do like when I read, I have liek 3 or 4 in my back pack, maybe I'll read them at work... hmmmm
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    NetworkWorld is a free little magazine. I just take them home to add to the pile in the bathroom.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    @Mike-Mike Men's Health was worthless. Same articles every month just worded differently and different pictures. Also, i think alot of the guys used for photos are on roids.