Options

Temporary lead roles on resume

DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
Basically for the last couple weeks I have been the Sr. Network Admin at work due to my boss being on vacation. Yes it is official I have a letter of delegation, admin privileges and all that. I am just curious if that is something to add to a resume and how? I thought maybe adding it as a bullet point under the experience portion of this company? It is only for three weeks and I am just wondering if it is worth mentioning / adding.

Comments

• Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Are you in the military now? If so, that's leadership experience whether you're formally in a leadership position, or not. I firmly believe most E4's in the military (any branch) have more leadership skills than your average joe in a corporation. That's my personal opinion at least.

But..to answer your question, I'd list a bullet with something to the effect of:

"Successfully led a team of 5 engineers in day to day operations, on an interim basis, effectively managing the XX million dollar network while maintaining XX% availability on all critical systems."

This is proper in the sense it does denote it was temporary through the word "interim," but doesn't focus on that. I'm not sure why, but I find it funny when I see resume's with "managed XX for 2 weeks" (I do see it often) - so I'd focus on what you did during those few weeks, and not focus as much on how long it is. Do be sure to include something that shows it was shorter term, though, because you don't want to mislead potential employers either.