Options

Resume Certification Questions????

goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
NO certs right now. I am pursuing a CCNA Cert. I was thinking of inserting something like this in my resume in the Education section of my resume above my Degree's.

Ongoing training
"Reviewing Cisco certification to increase IT job opportunities and improve my networking knowledge."

or something like that:).

Are using cisco Cert logos on a resume a bad thing after earning my CCNA??
The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    In my book logos are a big no-no. We usually say not to list what you don't have, but if you are dead set on listing it I would go with something like "working towards CCNA, expected completion January 2013." Point is that you must show that at least you have a concrete goal. Keep in mind this may go several ways with the prospective employer: it can open up a channel for talking about your goals, it ca be taken at face value, or it can be dismissed as a fluff. Make sure you set your expectations right.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    If it's something that takes multiple tests (CCNP or MCSE etc) then I don't think an 'in progress' on your resume is bad. I know it has helped me at least once. If it's something that can be achieved in a single exam I wouldn't list it on there.

Logos are always a no-go in my book.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.