Options

Resume Critique Please

Here is my Resume with the personal info removed. Please let me know what you think. And don't hold back I have thick skin.

Comments

• Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I won't really comment on the formatting but you could kind of reorder the certs by vendor CompTIA, Microsoft then Cisco.

I did have a question on the MCSA. What year is it, 2000, 2003, 2008 or 2012? That would probably be a good thing to clarify so perspective employers aren't confused.

You also have a MCTIP:SA which isn't listed.

The Degree is a plus.

However, it seems like the only experience you have is being a service desk technician with only three years of experience.

Under IT skillset, you only list Windows operating systems and Office. Do you have any network engineering experience? Any experience with other software, server or client side. Do you do any active directory tasks you complete in your daily activities?

And the projects, were they ones you managed or were simply part of the implementation?

I'm sure someone who is active in the civilian job market can comment on the rest (format, etc).
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    I'm not a fan of skillsets, I think the Office suites are a given nowadays...

List dates of when you earned the certs, ex:

CompTIA Security+ 6/2012

Even though the Network+ is good, it's a form of elementary redundancy since you have the CCNA

I feel like there's a lot of unused and white space

Personally, that bullet design is off-putting

Be more specific in your experience and frame it less as responsibilities and more of what you do in the PAR (Problem, Action, Result) format:

Write a Better Resume with the P-A-R Format | Piton Inc.

Along with the PAR format, integrate numbers and cost savings if you can drum up or get realistic estimates
  • Options
    citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    And the projects, were they ones you managed or were simply part of the implementation?

Both really. 1 i implemented and the other 2 I was what we call project lead.
  • Options
    citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    lsud00d wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of skillsets, I think the Office suites are a given nowadays...

List dates of when you earned the certs, ex:

CompTIA Security+ 6/2012

Even though the Network+ is good, it's a form of elementary redundancy since you have the CCNA

I feel like there's a lot of unused and white space

Personally, that bullet design is off-putting

Be more specific in your experience and frame it less as responsibilities and more of what you do in the PAR (Problem, Action, Result) format:

Write a Better Resume with the P-A-R Format | Piton Inc.

Along with the PAR format, integrate numbers and cost savings if you can drum up or get realistic estimates

I like the site. Going to include that for my re-write.